A Newfound Love

​Matthew Rinaldi
Favorite Spot: Federal Donuts
Neighborhood: South Philly
Address: 8th and Winton St

I am: A Deputy Editor for MightyPost, a student at Science Leadership Academy, and a video game enthusiast. 
Years in Philly: 10 years (almost 11)
Current Home: South Philly
url
url
Dear Federal Donuts,

I know our love affair have only just begun, yesterday to be specific. But I can't seem to stop myself from thinking about you. It's funny that I've never noticed you before; probably since you're constantly hidden from plain view. Tucked away in that small street, you definitely deserve more recognition than that.

I didn't know what I was expecting when I first came in. In fact, I was pretty nervous. Were you as great as everyone made you out to be? I didn't want to be disappointed, not again at least. I walked up to the counter and placed my order. I sat on the bench eagerly waiting for my food to be made, all the while looking around as I observed the unique characters that came through the clear, glass door. 

Suddenly, I hear my order being called out. I went back to the counter and took my food, afterwards, heading back to my previous seat. I looked down at the feast I was about to partake in. This was it, the big moment. I took that piece of fried chicken and guided it towards my mouth, ever so slowly as to savor the moment as it nears my lips. My nostrils were filled with an intense aroma of honey and ginger. I was consumed in its inviting fragrance and was filled with nothing but passionate lust. The crispy, golden-brown skin was now grazing my lips and a rush of adrenaline filled me. I open my mouth and bite into its flesh, piercing through the perfectly cooked outer layer and entering its tender, succulent interior.

At that moment I knew I've found where I belong. I found my new piece of heaven.