Alex Johnson - Benchmark Reflection

Get Out and Vote Campaign
Get Out and Vote Campaign

How did you group go about making a decision for what to focus on for the project?

• Our group came together and decided that it would be between making voting mandatory or to change the electoral college process. We then took a vote and it was decided to do mandatory voting.

11th grade Essential ? - What is the role of the individual in creating and sustaining change? 

• The individual is responsible for bringing new ideas to the whole system to allow new ideas to be brought into a reality. Individuals also come up with ideas to keep change sustained with new laws and mandates.

How has your understanding of the electoral process and whether or not the US is a democracy evolved during this unit?

• Well I used to think that the US was a whole democracy and that every vote mattered. However after this unit I realized that not every vote will matter in every state because of the electoral college process.

How did you decide to best relay a message to a national audience with your marketing campaign?

• We decided to make a semi-patriotic ad to tell people to get out and vote as well as a song to inspire kids to talk with their parents about voting.