Allen Yang - What If? Benchmark

What if the Saddam Hussein's prison escape failed in 1967? 

Click here to view the project.  

My fourth quarter history benchmark is called the "What If? Benchmark". A project allowing us to alternate history with our own sets of events and to see how it affects the world of today. My POD (Point Of Divergence), is "What if Saddam Hussein never escaped prison?" 
So if that were to happen some 50 years ago, the America today would be much different. Lets say he never took charge, because his escape was unsuccessful, then the possibility of the Iran-Iraq war might've been far out of reach eventually meaning that the Persian Gulf War would not have happened either. Probably wouldn't have sparked 9/11 either, because that's considered a blowback from smaller and weaker Islamic countries, and lastly the economic crisis would not have happened which is linked in with the Iraqi War 2003 a.k.a Operation Iraqi Freedom. 
The Individual in my project would be Saddam Hussein and of course without him and his actions during the 70s and 80s. It's quite evident the affair between americans and islamics wouldn't be so heated. Everything in history happens for a reason and that's due to a decision. His influence not only affected Iraq for the past 50 years but the United States for 2 decades. 
For my project, I would definitely improve on making it more visually appealing. And that's exactly what I would work on to change it if I had a chance to redo in the process of the project.