Art History

Hayao Miyazaki was born on January 5, 1941. He is a Japanese film director, animator, manga artist and more. In his family made sure that he was educated and when to school from the age of three until he was eighteen. During his third year of high school  was inspired by the film The Tale of the White Serpent. After this he decided to be into animation at the Gakushuin University. 

April 1963 Miyazaki got a job at Toei Animation. While working there he was chief secretary of Toei’s labor union. After many years of helping with concept art he left Toei in 1971. He working at many other animation companies but after a while he chose to take some personal time. During this time he stayed with one of his friends children. During this time is when he found the inspiration for Spirited Away, his biggest commercial success. He has won over 50 awards for all of his movies. To this day he is still and animator and a great inspiration. 

Spirited Away was my favorite movie as a child. I have seen it at least twenty times. So I chose to draw the character no face. He can be seen below. 

"Hayao Miyazaki // Nausicaa.net." Hayao Miyazaki // Nausicaa.net. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2013.
"Hayao Miyazaki." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 11 Nov. 2013. Web. 12 Nov. 2013.

GEDC0193
GEDC0193