Artist Statement Q3 - Breeanna Noi

During this quarter, we focused more on realistic artwork. 

I worked on my self portrait that didn't quite end up looking like me because I chose features of my face from different pictures. So my self portrait looks good TO me, but it doesn't look LIKE me. 

The next piece of art was the 2 point perspective that is shown to be very rough. I'm not very good at drawing landscapes so when I get frustrated with drawing specific detail of a sky or of the ground, I just turn everything into a rough shadow of the entire landscape. 

Afterwards, I worked on my color wheel using the primary colors of water colors. It was fun because I felt like I was back in elementary school using my general knowledge of colors to match it up to the color wheel. 

As for the textures and drawing hair, I'm not too experienced at drawing realistic looking features. My features look cartoonized in a way. However, I looked at an image of a braid and I tried my best to show a realistic sketch. My strokes were hidden from my over-shading so it isn't how I wanted it to turn out. 

My other pieces are various works of art I've worked on during the quarter. The girl's back and her hair is something that is the most realistic I'll get in a picture. My "Batman" looking image was something simple that I wanted to try out, so I did. Lastily, I drew Stewie as a nerd because Stewie has always been a challenge for me to draw. His head was either too round or too oblong, but with this sketch, I'm finally content with Stewie's head.