Basheer Lewis food project

Steps/Recipe

Recipe for Tarragon Chicken Ingredients/quantities 

Cooking spray 

4 ounces of skinless boneless chicken breast halves 

1/4 teaspoon of salt 

1/4 teaspoon of pepper

1/2 cup of low fat sour cream 

2 tablespoons of honey mustard

1 teaspoon of dried tarragon 

Step 1 Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. 

Step 2 Place skillet over a medium to high flame until hot. 

Step 3 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper 

Step 4 Place chicken in skillet 

Step 5 Cook chicken for up to 5 minutes on each side or until it is done to your liking. Step 6 Once done move chicken to a platter ,and keep it warm. 

Step 7 Place the sour cream,honey mustard,and tarragon into the pan. 

Step 8 Cook until heated thoroughly.

Step 9 Stir as it cooks. 

Step 10 Spoon over the chicken,and done.

Analysis About 15 to 20 percent of this meal is processed,and that could become lower depending on where you shop for the ingredients.The ingredients can all be local,but the herb "tarragon" is special in this dish.It comes from eastern Europe,eastern Asia,and western North America.However the portion found in North America may have to be naturalized.Tarragon has the nick name the "dragon herb" and is one of the four fines hermes within French cooking,and also it is used as a companion plant since its scent,and taste is disliked by many garden pests as well as enhancing the flavor of other crops.The meal is affordable but not something that could done everyday.But the prep time of the meal is very fast taking less then 15mins in some cases.This could also be a chance to go to a place such as whole foods where most of the items listed can be found.I'd have to say that is meal is pretty healthy not to much processed stuff in stand your body will process the meal fine. Although I wouldn't say adding more of the tarragon would help,it could be a danger to your health.In some studies tarragon contains estragole making up 60% of the oil,and its said to be a genotoxic which can affect a cell with certain types of radiation.No real need to worry I'm sure that enjoying this meal won't do any damage to you really.

Personal Reflection 
In this unit for class I have become very informed on things within the food industry.For example I knew nothing about "seeders" in the farms.It never really crossed my mind that someone could be taken to court for just saving seeds.I feel like the biggest problem in our food system is that many people are not informed on the better choice out there,yes many people will say that the food Co. are the problem which is true,but I think the food Cos. would have much less power if more people knew about the other choices they have.Some changes I could make is eating out less.I eat healthy somewhat but I still think that I could do better.The overall impact of these changes would be a healthier me and yeah I would be willing to change nothing is really stopping me from doing so.I'll also begin to go to whole food and trader joe's more the price is kinda a factor,but it worth it really.Also I liked to talk about tracking which I didn't know what a thing.Two things about it I have mixed feeling on it because water shouldn't catch on fire but it also giving jobs,also the fact that people sign over there land kinda bugs me if you giving the fracking co permission to mine on your land then you really can't complain,if you didn't want that the don't sign the contract,in less something different happen that you are force to move and you signed nothing then you really have no ground to complain.