Blog post 3 on Food

Here it is, the final blog post on the issue of America’s food problems so far I have addressed some of the key controversial points of the issue. You can see the previous blog post here and the one before that one here.

What have I done to make a change? None so far, however I am going to present to 125 people about my issue and propose a way to change how America eats. I will have pictures and possibly a video of the event soon.

Though, how should people change what products they are selling at the store? There are a few things that you can do to change what food you find in the market. For one, don’t buy anything with high fructose corn syrup in it. If you buy drinks with high fructose corn syrup in them, you are just supporting the people who use it. You as a person can make a much bigger difference than you might think.

Also, try to buy organic foods too. Who really needs all that processed (bad word beginning with an s) anyway? Trader Joe's is a great example, most if not all of their products are organic and do not contain harmful chemicals that are used to sterilize the food more efficiently.

But what about the meat problem?  Think about becoming a vegetarian. Plants need a lot less energy plants take a lot less energy to grow than meat does. You can get protein from other sources than meat, like beans. If you don’t buy met, then you are not supporting the meat packing industry which will require less animals to be slaughtered.

All of these solutions not only provide ways to better your health, but also show that it is the consumer who judges what products are for sale. You can make a difference in what and How America eats. You are what you eat, and if you ask me. Americans can eat better.

5272012153913fnfn
5272012153913fnfn
picture from: www.iwastesomuchtime.com

bibliography here.