CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP

Advisor: Ms.Dunn

My Mentor

1.My mentor is Ms. Martin because she relates most to the theme of my capstone. I feel as though she will help me progress, and give me new and improved ideas to enhance the development of my project.  

The Topic

2.For this project I’m going to create a fitness girls only fitness bootcamp. By doing this project I would like to learn the physical aspect of fitness. I would like to thoroughly examen the reasoning for poor eating habits in teen girls, and I would like to understand the differences in body types, and metabolism between men and women. 

The GOAL

3. For the record, this project came to mind by my strong passion for health and fitness. I wanted to create a way to include all of my passions and beliefs by doing a single project instead of doing two or three, so I figured the only way to fit everything in was to do a Bootcamp. For my presentation I would be presenting my work through  visuals, and video clips. The bootcamp will require one to analyze and recall exercise and fitness tips  but only accommodated to girls. I will site and reflect upon research, and give evidence that would be used to back up my thoughts and opinions.    

1. The product will demonstrate that I have met my goals due to my fully accomplished work, and my thorough explanations, and materials, and progress that would be shown throughout the bootcamp. 

Bibliography:

"15 Best Fat-Burning Foods | Women's Health Magazine." Womenshealthmag.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. This website gives a quick list of foods that are entitled to 

re-shaping your body, and creating long lasting muscle tone. 

Abramason, Edward. Body Intelligence. New York: Mcgraw-Hill, 2005. Print. A book that gives dieting advice based on statistics, and psychological analysis. 

""Baseless Claims' It's Harder for Women to Lose Weight." NHS Choices. N.p., n.d. Web. This website gives a past, present, and future analysis of Women and weight loss. 

"Build Muscle to Lose Fat â   Fat vs Muscle Diagram." Build Muscle to Lose Fat â   Fat vs Muscle Diagram. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. This shows a picture of fat and muscle, and underneath the picture it explains the benefits of gaining muscle, and how it can be achieved. 

"Calorie Counter." Realistic? N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. Shows a clear picture of body fat percentage. How a woman with muscle tone can be a size 2, and so can a woman without muscle tone. (when body fat is replaced by muscle=changes appearance) 

Myers, Christi. "Weight Loss for Women: Why It's Harder, and What Scientists Are Doing to Help." Abc13. N.p., n.d. Web. Christi Myers talks of genetics, and certain hormones that women contain that slows down weight loss. 

Nature.com. Nature Publishing Group, n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. This website gives a scientific explanation on how our taste buds react to foods that are high in fat. It also gives an overview of our mental health, and how that plays such an significant role. 

"Reference Guide to Strength Training." SparkPeople. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. This website goes into a more statistical view of strength training. It explains the percentage of fat loss, in correlation to performance, how this could benefit, and the after effect. 

Savard, Marie. Apples & Pears. New York: Atria, 2005. Print. Explains the unique body shapes in women, and how they are formed. This book supposedly gives a woman a whole new relationship with her body, and how she can re-create herself, to better herself. 

Silverman, Robyn J.A. Good Girls Don't Get Fat. N.p.: Harlequin, 2010. Print. States the issues of girls and weight obsessions. This book focuses on psychological aspects of the issue, and how it leads to self-esteem problems. 

"Strength Training: Key to Building Muscle & Losing Fat | StrongLifts StrongLifts." StrongLifts RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. This website is about strength training; building muscle, and increasing fitness. No other way to describe it. 

"Strength Training." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 02 Dec. 2013. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. Goes through the History of strength training, and its principles. Explains periodization and how it benefits long term and short term. 

"Weight Loss." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 02 Dec. 2013. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. Wikipedia gives a detailed overview of what weight loss is, and how it can be achieved. It also goes into the industry of weight loss and how businesses make their money through overweight customers. 

"What Burns More Calories: Cardio, Intervals, or Weight Training? | Nerd Fitness." Nerd Fitness. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. What burns the most calories in the least amount of time; cardio, intervals, or strength training? This is the essential question for this article. Along with answering the question the author goes into the science of dieting, and fat loss. 

"Why Is It Harder for Women to Lose Weight?" LIVESTRONG.COM. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. This website goes more into statistics of why its harder for women to lose weight. It thoroughly explains percentages, used from real analysis.