Capstone 2012-The High School Anthology

A Study of Thematic Evolution

By Michael Dea

Capstone Mentor: Ms. Larissa Pahomov

Topic:

The goal of this capstone was to examine poetry and short stories over the course of four years to see how, if at all, the themes of the writing change over time.

During the proposal stages of the capstone process, I looked at what I found interesting and what I enjoyed doing. As a result, I chose a capstone with a creative writing basis, given that I wrote as a hobby previously. Once the plans for what the end goal of the capstone were determined, the process of selecting what works would go into the end product was begun, supplementing some areas with works that were begun within the year. After this step’s completion, the selected works were analyzed for possible connections, the details of which can be seen in the process paper. Throughout this process, given that the works were written, they were reviewed by others for input on things such as themes, revisions (for newer works) etc.

Capstone Section 1: Poetry Notebook 1

Capstone Section 2: Poetry Notebook 2

Capstone Section 3: Poetry Notebook 3

Capstone Section 4: Zombie Apocalypse Novella

https://docs.google.com/a/scienceleadership.org/document/d/1S3R1ogie_LlpSEFakc_PxKKpc5trdufg1m9V1q2yeig/edit