Cheyenne Pagan Benchmark Reflection Q1

LINK TO MY PART 
(It's the front page video)

LINK TO PROJECT 

How did you group go about making a decision for what to focus on for the project?

Mail in voting is something that has already been working for other states, it made an easier and stronger argument that also had a large number of numerical data to support it.

11th grade Essential ? - What is the role of the individual in creating and sustaining change? 

I think the role of the individual is to create change by informing and sustain change by example. If I as an individual was to inform others  of all the things I have learned in this unit I believe that it would not only motivate but fascinate those who really did not know the things that I once did not know. I do not feel this unit has inspired me to vote because I had all intentions of voting when it became available to me so once again as an individual I planned to lead by example and change the voting system.

How has your understanding of the electoral process and whether or not the US is a democracy, evolved during this unit?

My view has definitely broaden with the idea of voting and the number of voters that take advantage of their rights and because it is such small numbers it makes me question other rights they choose to fight for. I now think of voting and think of many different situations and reasons that people would not be able to come out and vote and in turn has made me think of voting as a very personal experience. 

How did you decide to best relay a message to a national audience with your marketing campaign?

I guess we all kind of agreed that a slight comedic skit for our video would really appeal to a large audience and well as not so formal posters. It was a relaxed marketing campaign thats purpose was to neither be taken as a joke or scare voters with such serious information.