Citizenship Homework- Lexus Forman

Interviewee- Andrea (Mt. Airy Area)

What motivated you to come out and vote? “Since my ancestors fought for me to be able to vote, I think it is necessary to exercise my right to vote. I also want to give my President another four more years that he deserves to show what he is made of.”

Do you vote every election? (How regularly do you vote?) “I only vote for presidency elections. I was 19 when Obama first ran for president and that was the first time I had voted. That was a very emotional moment for me.”

Do you know why we vote on Tuesdays? “To be honest, I don’t. I will take a wild guess and say because of some type of tradition.”

Where have you encountered the highest amount of ad campaigning? Radio, TV, print, internet, other. It would definitely have to be on the internet. I don’t watch a lot of TV and I am always on Facebook. I have to say I see about close to 30 ads on Facebook per day.” 

What impact do you feel that your vote will have on the election? “Because this race is so close, I think my vote has a huge impact on my President getting re-elected for a second term. Pennsylvania is a swing state, so therefore every vote counts. It feels amazing that I could be that one vote to push Pennsylvania to become a blue state this term.”