Conversationsm Blog Post 3 CP

This week I focused on what specifically insults other cultures or other countries. I partnered up with Catherine and Malik, it was uh interesting have perspectives and having a collaborative question effort. So, originally this was not working out so well. This went one of two ways, either someone thought we were trying to mess with them (which teaches us a thing or too about word choice and sentence structure) or they assumed we wanted to know curses in Spanish. Although, it may have sounded as such we already knew those words were insulting so we changed it around a little bit. Unfortunately I do not have the other screenshots I was not able to capture them but one guy did understand what we actually meant and told me that it's insulting when Americans or really anyone degrade the history of Native Americans or say that they are weak or were used and mean it. We seen that it helped to give them an example for Americans. Catherine said, "Here in America it is insulting to talk bad about someone's mom but if you tell them to shut up it's not a big deal." The use of the example worked pretty good. I'm hoping to come up with a question that is going to give me insight but may not be so confusing when asked in Spanish and instead of talking to multiple people at once talk to one at a time and when the conversation seems to be getting boring to make it interesting instead of starting over with someone new. I want to learn how to make the conversation progress which will take a little more Spanish than the average.