Dinvil, Sierra Capstone

Something you may not know about me is that I love to bake. Cookies, cakes, pies, anything you name it! This is why for my 4th quarter benchmark I chose to do a blog on baking. Throughout the course of several months I have been experimenting with different baking techniques so that I could not only bake the things that I love but also learn how to bake new things that I haven't mastered yet or never baked before. Overall, I learned a lot about the things that I baked/created and hopefully other people can learn something from my capstone as well.

My Capstone.

ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY

Works Cited

"30 Techniques To Create An Effective Blog." WPWebHost RSS. N.p., 18 Nov. 2009. Web. 28 Jan. 2013. I used this source to help me with the content of my blog. Things such as formatting, pictures, how much to write, etc. This source gives tips on how to create a blog that is effective and introduces different techniques on how to approach this. I wasn't already aware of some of these things before, so I find this source to be helpful.

Appleton, Rebecca. "What Makes For An Effective Blog Post?" Search Marketing Standard. N.p., 16 May 2010. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. I used this source to help with the content of my blog. It has a little bit more useful information than some of the other sources I've used for this purpose. Some things are repetitive, but overall I this source is very insightful and is helping me get on the right track for when I actually start my blog.

"Cookie Decorating Tips: King Arthur Flour." Cookie Decorating Tips: King Arthur Flour. King Arthur Flour Company, n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. Although this source had a few good tips, it wasn't a very helpful source. It gave cookie decorating tips but only using their products. Before viewing the source I wasn't aware that this was a company giving advice. This caused for the article to be a little biased.

Currah, Alice. "Classic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting." Savory Sweet Life. N.p., 12 Mar. 2010. Web. 28 Jan. 2013. For a couple weeks, I will be working with different icings. One thing I wanted to try was a buttercream icing. This is a potential recipe I could be using for my buttercream icing.

"Decorating Bag Tips." Decorating Tips. Wilton Industries, n.d. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. This site just gives me an idea of what kinds of icing bag tips I would need to use in order to ice my cookies and cake a certain way.

"FOOD REVIEW: Sample the Culinary Magic of the next Jamie or Delia." This Is Grimsby. Local World, 9 Mar. 2011. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. Since I will be having people review my food, I wanted to research some key points that I should have people touch on. I found this source to be insightful and has definitely given me some good questions to ask when coming up with my food evaluation form.

Frazier, Christine. "How to Make Your Baking Healthy." No Meat Athlete. No Meat Athlete, n.d. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. In my science and society class we talked a lot about how to eat healthier. With this being said, I wanted to think of different things I can use when baking to make what I'm baking better for you, yet still tasty. This website helps with this.

"How to Write a Food Review." Article Base. N.p., 8 July 2010. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. Since I will be having people review my food, I wanted to research some key points that I should have people touch on. I found this source to be insightful and has definitely given me some good questions to ask when coming up with my food evaluation form.

Johnston, Karlynn. "How To: Make The Best Buttercream Icing." The Kitchen Magpie. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. For my blog I made a batch of cookies. I decided that it would be a good idea to maybe put icing on a few of them. I didn't have any store bought icing, so I came up with the idea of making some myself. This was one of the several recipes that I've found, however I decided to execute this one.

Keyser, Wayne. "Soft, Moist Homebaked Bread That Stays That Way." CHOW. N.p., 24 Dec. 2006. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. I haven't yet used this source, but it will be helpful when I am making my banana bread. It will help me with making my bread more moist which is a problem I have been experiencing in the past.

Murphy, Samantha. "5 Tips to Take Food Photos Good Enough to Eat." Mashable. N.p., 11 Aug. 2012. Web. 31 Jan. 2013. This article gives tips on how to take pictures of foods. This is helpful because when I take pictures of the different things I bake I would like them to come out looking as best as possible. I had no perspective on this before, so now I know of a few different things I can do to visually spruce up the things that I bake.

Nairobi, Kenya. "The Dos and Don'ts of Baking." All Voices. N.p., 27 Apr. 2010. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. Although I consider myself a good baker, I don't really know the ins and outs of baking. This source gives me one person's perspective on what to do and not to do when baking. I found this source to be very insightful because it talked several things that I never really thought of.

O'Neal, Janet. "Fruit Pizza Recipe." Taste of Home. Reiman Media Group, n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2013. I already have a recipe that I use to make fruit pizza. However, I wanted to find an alternate idea for the crust. This source gives me an idea on how to alter my crust to hopefully improve it.

Singer, Zoe. "Gluten-Free Recipes and Tips." Epicurious. Condé Nast, n.d. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. Another thing I wanted to learn about was gluten free baking. I've never done this before and so I am very interested in experimenting with it. This website gives several tips on this topic.

"Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe ~ Cupcake Project." Cup Cake Project. N.p., 10 June

2008. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. This is another recipe to add for my icings. This involved using fresh fruit which is something that I wanted to incorporate in my capstone: baking with fresh fruit.