Espanol Conversacion #2

Pre-Conversacion
What will your topic of conversation be?  

In this blog post I will talk about sports and what kind of sports they play. 

What are 5 questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?

What Sports do you play?

Do you want to visit an American sports event?

What is the main sport in your country?

Did you play sports in school? 

Do you watch sports on Tv?

How do you anticipate your partner will respond to your questions?
I believe that they are going to respond in English mostly because since that Is the language they are practicing, they will want to feel comfortable answering in english, while I ask in spanish.

What are you looking forward to about this conversation?
I am looking forward to learning about the person, and the kind of sports that they like to play. Also, what sports in America they like to play.

What are you nervous about?

I am nervous about getting something wrong or saying something that they will not understand. Hopefully they can help me if I am wrong. Also and worried about saying something that might be offensive but I wouldn't mean to be.

Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?

I spoke with Javier from Spain. I Choose him because he was learning English but was a spanish native. He also started talking to me first so I thought why not create and continue the conversation. He also likes sports like me.

What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?
I learned that he likes soccer, and usually run. He also loves english and american accent. I learned from them that they don't show football on Tv there because spanish people don't like it.

How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal?

He made me feel comfortable about asking questions about sports because he felt comfortable about answering. Also, he helped me out because he was answering questions that I was asking which made it easier to talk about my topic.

What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?

I did well was greeting him properly, asking how he was and then starting off with the topic I was going to talk about. I like that I asked questions in spanish and tried to talk through it in everything I said. 

What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again)

I need to learn to use subjunctives and learning to conjugate a little better. That's why I am glad about doing this because the chats can help me learn more.
chat1
chat1
chat2
chat2
chat3
chat3