Family Does whats best

---------------->     https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45036183/convo.m4a  <---------------------
I think by doing this project I learned that crossing a boundary has many different meanings.I think that my project mainly focuses on emotional,physical,and racial boundaries. The Emotional was my mom having to go against what her parents wanted,the physical being her getting moving out and living by herself with three kids,and the racial being my grandparents not wanting my dad to help raise the child because he was black.Some times crossing the boundaries weather its by yourself or with someone it has good and bad effects.Take my moms story for example the emotional boundary was crossed when deciding to have my sister.My grandmother and grandfather did not want to talk to her,but it all paid off in the end because it was right for her made her happy and today they love my sister and my mother.While I was doing this project I was surprised with the answers that I had gotten, and even the two views on the situation.I really did enjoy working with them both because even though you didn’t hear my voice because I cut it out I was having a conversation with my parents, its like the mic wasn’t even there we where just having a normal conversation.My dad at first didn’t want to do it because he didn’t really want to tell me the story, so it was hard to get him to talk but when I did get him to finally talk it was nice because me and hime do not really talk about things like this.It was the first time in a while i was able to get his point of view on things.While I was interviewing my mom I found out that my grandfather's brother was really his nephew.I found It interesting how my dad said my grandparents where crossing a racial boundary and my mom didn’t really seem to think they where. 

Jasmine Nieves (Student 2015)
Jasmine Nieves

According to what I have listened about in your podcast is that your parents were both different races. What your mom had explained was that she was an Irish white Catholic and your dad was black. It was clear to me that your mom's parents wanted her to adopt or abort her baby because she was too young to have a baby and your father was kind of mad about the whole situation.I could also tell that your podcast was all about race and how that changed everything. I like your podcast from the way it was spoken. Great Work, Katie.