Final Perspective Drawing

1. What is one thing that your learned specifically that you did not know before.

One thing I learned to do was how to draw from different perspectives. I initially had no idea on how to and have always wanted to, but didn't know where to start. I'm actually pretty happy that Ms. Hull decided to give this unit as our first art assignment because it will truly benefit me in the long run. I feel as though I can add life and substance to the things I draw now, not only drawing people, but backgrounds and scenery as well.

2. How did learning this thing make your drawings better.

Now I actually have an idea of what I'm doing when I am drawing a landscape or room. At first when looking at many of the rooms that other professional artists have drawn, I thought that they had naturally knew how to make furniture and rooms from all perspectives. But after Ms. Hull teaching my classmates and I know how to do so. I am pretty confident and creating all sorts of rooms and knowing what I am doing now.

3. If you did this assignment again, what would you do differently?

I would draw a different, more complex room. Considering I have a confident perspective on how to do so. I think drawing a different environment with more details and curved objects would be a challenge, which is necessary to know when pursuing a career in the art industry.

4. What is your advice to someone who has never drawn a one point perspective drawing before?

Depending on what perspective they are going for, I would tell them to simply place a dot in the middle of the page. Use a ruler to create an outline of the object they are making. And then draw orthogonal lines to create dimension that would apply or look similar to the real world.

5. What resource helped you the most and why?

The drawings that Ms. Hull placed around the class really helped. And the online tutorials on moodle catered as well. In my spare time, I would look in comic books and pay attention to the way the illustrators drew their rooms. I would point on the things they did wrong, and pay attention to they things they did right. I then tried to incorporate that into my own drawing.