Henninger Conversation, Post 3 - Peliculas

Before:

•  What will be your topic of conversation be? 

This conversation is about movies.

•  What are 5 questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?

- Do you like movies?

- Do you have a favorite actor?

- What kind of movies do you like?

- What is playing in theaters right now?

- Do you have a favorite movie?

•  What are you looking forward to about this conversation? 

I'm excited because everyone has a favorite movie and it will be interesting to hear what these people like. 

•  What are you nervous about? 

I hope I know what movies the person is talking about so I can't think of something normal to say about them. 

Reflection:

• Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person? 

I spoke to Jacobo from Mexico. He was 26. I didn't choose him but he started talking to me and it worked out. 

• What did you learn about them? 

I learned he likes Harry Potter movies, but he likes the books more. Jacobo's five favorite movies are Amelie, Love Actually, Bridget Jones Diary, Las Listas de Schindler(Schindler's List), Inglorious Bastards. 

• How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal? 

I learned that almost every movie we have here is also all over the world. I always thought we had our movies and other countries had theirs and only rarely was a movie shown in more than one country. It just surprised me. 

• What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations? 

He told me about his favorite movies and what was playing in theaters in Mexico. 

• What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again) 

At one point I got confused and tried to correct myself but I said "wait" in english by accident. That was a mistake of mine. I just have to be more careful and not immediately reply every time.