Interviewing the Voters

Ms. Sonya

She is an employee for the School District and didn't find it appropriate to take a video of her talking about the voting system. Plus my phone didn't have just an audio recorder so I am stuck with zero visual things from her.

1)  What motivated you to come out and vote?

I'm a believer that I have a voice and my voice counts. And that I can make a positive change in my community.

2) What would you like to see changed in our political system?

When first asked: Umm....can I pass on this for a second?

Second time asking: Nothing that I can think of right now. Maybe changing the electoral college. How is it that these little itty bitty states have such big power?

3) Do you know why we vote on Tuesday?

Haha that's weird cause I have no idea. You should research that for me.

4) Are you always sure of who you are going to vote for when you walk into the booth or are you still deliberating?

I'm always sure.

5) What changed do you hope to see in Philadelphia as a result of this election?

I am hopeful that the people who are elected that they put the community's desire before their ow personal agenda and their own desires.

6) What impact do you feel that your vote will have on the election? Did you learn about voting in school? If yes, did that impact your willingness to vote today?

I learned about voting from my parents. Actually as soon as I turned 18 I register to vote. What I hope for is that the person I voted for wins! And that they represent me well.