Jhonas Dunakin Food Project

• Ingredients 
  • 2 lbs fresh tuna
  • 1 lb yuca, fresh or frozen
  • 2 tbs sunflower oil
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • ½ red onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 8 cups of water
  • 5 cilantro sprigs
  • Salt to taste
  • Analysis
  • Ensebollado is a typical traditional Ecuadorian dish famous for it's ability to cure hang overs. Fish is high in protein and reduces your risk of atrial fibrillation. Yucca root which is native to South America has the ability to reduce diabetes symptoms, arthritis, and contains anti oxidant properties in addition to it being delicious both boiled and fried.  
  • Personal Reflection

Diet directly correlates to the amount of diseases and disrupts normal bodily functions. Humans have evolved to eat more vegetables, less red mets, fats and sugars since their really rare in nature but we can mass produce those things. Those kinds of foods are addictive since they give humans lots of energy quickly, which would be good if we were hunting and gathering everyday. But today we have machines to do the tough jobs and we just typically sit on our couch and watch tv, so our body stores the energy for latter, which than creates obesity because of the daily consumption. Obesity can cause heart diseases, liver problems, diabetes etc. 

Our modern world is very free market and the demand is very high for foods like meat, dairy, and sugars. Companies take advantage of that and supply those things since they're very additive to humans and make huge profits because they're consumed at high quantities. High quantities of consumption of meats ruins health and changes cultures of countries that are being westernized. Also specifically in the US everything has a soy or corn ingredient because it's subsidized so heavily to stay competitive in the free market for the purpose of the use as ethanol. But it's so cheep it can be used as an ingredient in cheep foods that directly correlates to ill health.