MPyfrom- What If Benchmark

Topic:
What if Malcolm X died when his Michigan home was burned to the ground?

Reflection:
For this project I wanted to take a prime leader who changed society out the equation. I choose Malcolm X because he played such a huge rule in the civil rights movement. Without Malcolm X in the picture the altered world became more peaceful. So my exact point of divergence is in 1929 Malcolm X's Michigan was burned down to the ground. To change history I am saying that Malcolm X does not make it out the house alive. That incident changes history drastically because now Malcolm X is not able to become a leading African American figure. As the years pass with the new defined history in 2012 I predicted that there will be less animosity between the black and white race. 

One person can have a huge impact on history. I realized that taking a key player out can also have a drastic change. If one person can gather thousands of people to rally for a change in society of course eliminating them will have a different outcome. So in  my project I mentioned Malcolm X being more of a aggressive leader so by taking him out there will be more positive energy to go around. The positivity would eventually lead to a more peaceful solution. 

If I could do this project I would ask more thoughtful questions in the interview. In my interview I talked more about what has happened after because of Malcolm X's death than what lead up to it. That is something I would definitely change next time. Also in my interview I mentioned several family members to Malcolm X but next time I plan to make it more clear to the audience who are actually the family members. Overall I am very happy of my project's outcome. 

History Q4