Macbeth Creative Benchmark

This project is all about finding Macbeth's transition from loyal, dedicated lord to a cold blooded murderer in different songs.

What was your process like in crafting the creative portion of this project?

I put a lot of work into this project, finding the songs, then taking them apart and piecing them to fit my thesis. Sometimes it was easy, and sometimes it was really difficult, there were times when I would get distracted and watch some TV or talk to my friends, but when i came back my mind was fresh and I was able to get the work done.

What difficulties did you encounter in doing this project? How did you overcome them?

The main difficulty I had was probably picking what I would do, I had the idea of trees and grass, really connecting to nature and his growth. However I didn’t have time to get to the store, so instead of going at six-o'clock on a Saturday and staying up all night to finish it, I told myself I would spend Sunday working on it. Unfortunately I work on Sunday’s, from 10-12 I figured I would do it in the afternoon. Little did I know there was a meeting that many parents were going to, so I stayed until three watching their kids. When I got home I did thorough thinking, I didn’t think it was rational to go at 4 and work on it for about 4 hours then do the rest of my homework. I decided on a soundtrack because I’m good at working stories into music.

What are you most proud of in this project?

I’m proud of all of I guess, it wasn’t what I really wanted to do, but I think I did a good job and worked very hard on it. I’m proud of my final product because I honestly thought that I wouldn’t have anything, so I’m glad I’ve brought something in not only thats good, but something that I like. I don’t love it, there are some improvements that should be done, but i think I gave it my best and the final product may not look like I put work into it, but I did, and I think I did my best

What would you change/do differently if given the chance?

Time- Management. Thats something I really, really, really, need to work on.

What did you learn from your colleagues' presentations/projects?

That they all did really good projects and put time into them, I also learned that some of my classmates have secret talents. I had no idea Des could draw, I thought he was all running, but it turns out he is crazy good!

What did you learn about yourself as a result of doing this project?

That I need to manage my time more, and work with Ms. Dunn/ Sasha for guidance and not do it all myself.

For my Macbeth Soundtrack Click Here (songs are on the document)