Martez Card Hamlet close reading assignment

I am analyzing act 1 scene 3 from hamlet and I am focusing on the part when the Polonius begins his speech to Ophelia about hamlet and how he doesn't seeing any good in him and how he doesn't want her involved with him. Before this Laertes was just talking to Ophelia about the same thing and how hamlet doesn't want her because of his stature compared to hers. In the speech that Polonius gives to Ophelia he tells her reasons as to why hamlet doesn't want her or why he thinks that he wouldn't want her. He goes on in his speech and pretty much just says that hamlet is basically a pig and will never love her because he can have any girl he wants and that he has to high of a stature then her and would never be with her. To me I think that Polonius was keeping it real with his daughter and having a deep serious father daughter talk with her about the guy who she seems to be in love with. Even though he may have hurt her feelings with this talk but he got his point across and showed that he cared and didn't want to end up seeing his daughter getting hut by having high hopes for something that wouldn't happen. I think that this was important because if Polonius hadn't had this talk with his daughter Ophelia he may have ended up feeling terrible later on down the line if his daughter were to be hurt by hamlet and he would feel worse since he didn't warn her about something that he knew about. To me I think this shows how much Polonius cares about his daughter and how he doesn't want to see her with her feelings hurt and shows that he is a good father who tries to protect whats his no matter what, because he didn't seem to make this speech as if he was thinking about how his words may have hurt her feelings he just wanted to get his point across the way he saw as right and try his best with all his ability to protect his daughter from being hurt.  When Polonius says "Do not believe his vows, for they are brokers" to Ophelia I think that he is telling her to not listen to things Hamlet tells her because they are lies and that is one of his reasons for him not wanting his daughter to talk to Hamlet. "I would not, in plain terms, from this time forth, Have you so slander any moment leisure, As to give words or talk with the Lord Hamlet." Polonius is clearly and straight forwardly telling Ophelia that he doesn't want her to talk to Hamlet because of the fact that he thinks that Hamlet only wants her for sex because he can have any women that he wants because of his stature and would never be serious about Ophelia and Polonius doesn't want his daughter to get hurt by Hamlet because of this so he clearly states that he forbids her from talking to Hamlet. 

English Hamlet Keynote