Merrik Saunders Q1 Benchmark

Severed
Merrik Saunders

Story From Crazy Mans Perspective

I have been called many things according to my situation.  Today I spot a little girl all by herself.  Probably a runaway just like all the others, perfect.  When I approach her she seems scared and alone.  She is just so trusting of me.  So desperate for help that an old man like myself would seem harmless.  She tells me of how she wants to be a blacksmith.  Stupid little girl doesn't she know in this time they would never allow a girl to work as a blacksmith.  But somehow she hopes to become one.  Just what I like, for them to have hope so I can take it away.  I tell her I know the best blacksmith in town and that I am a craftsman.  All we have to do is ride up to my house to get my supplies.  Surprisingly she gets in the car with me so willingly.  Does she really think that I can make her dream come true, is she that hopeful?  Well this makes my job easier and more fun.  I’ll show her soon.  As we drive she tells me how hard her life was were she came from.  As if I care about where she is from or how she got here.  All I care about is how hopeful she was to be a blacksmith.  Something about that makes it all the better.  When I get down to business its gonna taste so good.
It is night now and we aren’t to my house yet.  I tell the girl that we will stop at an Inn and stay for the night.  When we get to the Inn she tells me that her name is Sam.  We go up to the room and she goes straight to bed.  It has been a long day for her.  The only thing she had with her was a small backpack.  I decide to look through it.  Just the usual travel bag.  At the bottom of the bag there is her diary.  Now I can see what is really going on in her head.  Sam only lived with her dad.  He wasn’t the meanest person but also wasn’t the nicest.  Whenever Sam would mention becoming a blacksmith he would scold her.  Any of Sam’s dreams that she had her Dad would shut them down no matter what it was.  He must of made up a plan for her.  Also Sam wrote that her mother disappeared.  It was around the area where I live, where we are heading tomorrow.  I’ve learned a lot and can use this to my advantage.  Her pain will make this so much better.
It is the morning now and we get ready to check out.  As we wait, I tell her that I may be able to find her mother.  Sam looks surprised and happy that I have this information.  Luckily she already told me about her mother in the car ride up to the Inn.  I need to pay attention now on getting to my house the fastest way possible.  I tell Sam I have a surprise for her when we get to the house.  Sam looks up at me with joy in her eyes.  Little does she know I’m just playing with her emotions.  How can one chilled believe and trusting so much of a stranger?  I’ve seen many runaways and they are all the same.  They think that their life is hard but when they have no one they really see how bad life can be.  Now Sam is all alone; desperate for someone to help.  But no one is coming for her.  That is why she is perfect for what I do.
We finally arrive at my house.  Its show time.  As I lead her up the steps to my house I try to contain myself.  I have to stay in character until the time is right.  Sam asks me where are my tools at?  I say in the basement, they’re always in the basement.  As Sam reaches the bottom of the steps I quickly go down with her closing the door behind me.  It locks and I’m the only one with the key.  She sees that there are no tools for crafting of any sort.  No, these are my crafting tools that I use to cut up and eat my victims.  Sam tries to run but her head meets my bat.  Let the feeding begin.
First I take out my false teeth to reveal my sharpened ones underneath.  I get my tools ready and I bound Sam’s hands and feet to the table.  I can already tell this one is going to taste so good.  My bounded meal finally awakes.  Sam drastically tries to shake herself loose from the table but my knots are far too tight.  I sit at the table and began my feast.  This is the surprize that I had for her.  To trust an old man like myself was the worst mistake ever.  Now she will wish she had never left her father or anyone else.  I tell Sam that I have one last thing to show her.  I go over to my chest, trying to find what i need.  I have found it.  Slowly I bring it over to the table being very careful to to let Sam see what it is.  I place it on the table and force her head to look at what was on the table.  I saw that look in Sam’s eyes that she knew exactly what was on the table.  It was a head but not just any head.  This was the head of her mother.  Yes I was the one who took poor Sam’s mother and now she knows the truth.  Sam came to these parts to find her mother and that she did.  She was never missing at all.  I made sure to make it seem like a business trip gone bad.  Now Sam knows what happened, I think I will show her first hand what I did to her mother.  So now I sit at the table and begin my feast.  I take a meat cleaver and chop off one of Sam’s fingers.  I take my first bite of the delicious flesh.  I knew this would be good.