Michael Hall's Process Paper

Michael Hall                                    Process Paper                                                            3-20-13

My groups topic was housing infrastructure. Housing infrastructure is basically just talking about how a community is set up effects a cities all around economy and growth. My group members were Korah, Tsion, and Anthony. In general we all worked well together and agreed on a lot that we talked about. The first things we had talked about was the way we can present this to people in the public and have it actually work the way we want. In the end we had came up with five different ways to present this and they were a website, video,  poster, letter, and a birdhouse display that would represent our idea. The birdhouse would be about 5 to 6 birdhouses lined up and one of the birdhouses would be in bad condition and that would symbolize how one abandoned house can mess up a whole city block.

After we had came up with the ideas it was time to spilt the work up. I got the the video part, Korah got the website, and Tsion and Anthony worked on the poster, letter, and birdhouse display. At the time the project still seemed like it could happen because none of the components we had came up with really seemed to be trouble except the birdhouse thing. Time passed and things were running well, it wasn’t that the project took to much time but it was because it didn’t take up enough time is probably why a lot of things got done a little bit more later than earlier. More time passed and then the thing that I kind of foresaw happening happened. It was about a week before the last working period and we still had no birdhouse display. It wasn’t that they just refused to do it but more or less the magnitude of the idea was more of a project all itself than a component for another project.

In the end the display was never made and what I learned form this is that over planning can lead to bad consequences. What went well was the fact that we never argued about things and always agreed as a group about the ideas. My group did do some work even though it wasn’t what we had agreed upon and the day the project was due we did have something to present.