Orange,Perspective,Hull,Shuman

This project started out as a challenge, i started from the bottom up. Right from when Mrs. Hull was telling us what a perspective was. For practice we drew a line with a vanishing point in the middle. This project was for us to learn how to draw lines from the perspective to make the picture look 3-D and real. So we created 3-D boxes, and she taught us horizontal, vertical and orthangonal lines. Then the next time we tryed this we had to try and make a door on the right a window on the left, a carpet at the bottom, and a sky light on top. We had to draw all four of these things form the vanishing point and all these consist of the three important words she taught us orthangonal, horizontal, and vertical lines. Then it was time to step up and try it on our own. I thought I wasn't going be able to do it but then i thought i did this all i have to do is draw form my vanishing point. For the real project, the picture below, we started from a even box right in the center of a paper. Then we drew huge X through each corner, so it was in 4 sections. For the top section I drew 12 dashed line evenly measure for the ceiling tiles. Once i drew my horizontal line and vertical line from the vanishing point, the ceiling tiles was created. Then i had to add my lights and vents on the ceiling every two tiles it was a light. Once I was done with that since on standing far on the other side of the room looking in, I had to draw the big window from my vanishing point in the far back of the room. I drew my windows and blinds, nothing big just lines. I drew the ledge of my window  to make it stand out from the wall, to make it look real I had to use my artist eye. Then the right side I drew the couch and the door first because it look the hardest and stood out to me more. Since I knew how to draw a door already, I just drew from the point and drew the door. The the couch i knew was basically in front of the door so I drew it from there, it was more free hand than the ruler but I still knew how to draw from the point. Then the board is actually sitting on the wall not the floor like the couch. I still drew from the vanishing point. The  got the accurate board, then i drew everything on that wall. To the left side of the wall is a window, i know how to draw that and where i was standing i didn't see the whole window, but i know how to draw a basic window from when we first drew the picture. The the floor was easy n 20 tiles. Also i drew my tables and stools where the students were sitting at. Then I added final touches and fixed it up and my room was complete. All i had to do is draw lines form my vanishing point and remember the 3 words horizontal, vertical and orthangonal lines. This project was hard at first because you had to understand but practice made not perfect but good. It had difficulties, like you had to make sure most of the stuff was orthangonal and came from the vanishing point, but some things in the class room you didn't need orthangonal or draw from the vanishing point. You just had to have vertical or horizontal lines.

View this blog Jonathan Spencer. This artist did very well, he showed detail and followed the basic rules. He picture showed he drew from the vanishing point, and had orthangonal, verticle, and horizontal lines. He showed every angle of the class room where he was standing at, its very precise, and neat. I love this artist work.
IMG_20110405_132348
IMG_20110405_132348