Othello And the massacre of Problems

Ahaji Koita                                            A-band                                                              

Journal 1

In this soliloquy, Iago is having a moment with himself. The scene is to produce the moment of fear in Iago eyes. Like he must not be caught and he must allow his plan to go accordingly. If Iago wanted to talk to the audience he might have looked up. Or say things to the side. All in all the point in which he should move his delivery is when someone is talking to him about the situation and he could continue to look at the audience. This also could be for a higher power when Iago gives reference to how he's lacking this plan way to long now its time to go forth with it.

IAGO

(aside) I have rubbed this young quat almost to the sense,

And he grows angry. Now, whether he kill Cassio

Or Cassio him, or each do kill the other,

Every way makes my gain. Live Roderigo,

He calls me to a restitution large

Of gold and jewels that I bobbed from him

As gifts to Desdemona.

It must not be. If Cassio do remain

He hath a daily beauty in his life

That makes me ugly. And besides, the Moor

May unfold me to him—there stand I in much peril.No, he must die. But so, I hear him coming.

Journal 2

I am choosing the character, Emilia because she has a moment in the end of the book where she has full control over the men in the story. Spilling all the secrets. In act 5 scene 2 the scene where Othello shows and gives out what people have been lying about. They see the all the things that happen in the story but they don't speak about it. Emilia is like the audience but she knows everything. She is told lies but they are unknown to her until the following acts. We can concentrate more if we were able to see how she can change throughout the story. This character is very quiet throughout the novel and is more and more talkative in the final act she was in. That act took her life.

Journal 3

My name is Othello of the Northern Tribe of Morocco. I have been through much in my life. I have seen my brother killed right in front of my eyes. My mother was a bare woman. I loved her. She was my guardian angel. When I was younger my father said, you're going to have great promise and an even better lover. When I first heard this I told my father I am warrior I have not time for such chaotic social ideals. I met her on my way back to the homeland. She was ravishing, my eyes couldn't stop to bare her beauty. Her hazel brown hair, took my heart away. I saw love within her. She changed my life and how I view. I asked her, her name. She replied, My name is Desdemona. My heart sank. That divine name was the deal breaker for the start of my new life. She was going to be my wife. And I swear on it. Othello was a very strict and spiritual man that never would give someone pain for his wife.

Journal 4

In the performance I plan on be being very scary and horrific to the crowd. This is because my scene consists of attempting on killing Desdemona with a pillow. The prop I plan on bringing in tomorrow is a crown of some sorts. This can be very difficult to pull off but I will try my best. Our group's presentation will stand because we have focused so well on making it the best it can be. Even though it can be a little nerve racking the "Death and all". But Nikki and I are very proud of the piece will be performing for the class. We have agreed that will push each other to doing anything that the other is not comfortable with doing. This led to an awesome scene for the two of us to share with our classmates.

OTHELLO

It is the cause, it is the cause, my soul.

Let me not name it to you, you chaste stars,

It is the cause. Yet I’ll not shed her blood,

Nor scar that whiter skin of hers than snow

And smooth as monumental alabaster.

Yet she must die, else she’ll betray more men.

Put out the light, and then put out the light.

If I quench thee, thou flaming minister,

I can again thy former light restore

Should I repent me. But once put out thy light,

Thou cunning’st pattern of excelling nature,

I know not where is that Promethean heat

That can thy light relume. When I have plucked thy rose

I cannot give it vital growth again,

It must needs wither. I’ll smell thee on the tree.

Oh, balmy breath, that dost almost persuade

Justice to break her sword! One more, one more.

Be thus when thou art dead and I will kill thee

And love thee after. (kissing her) One more, and that’s the last.

So sweet was ne'er so fatal. I must weep,

But they are cruel tears. This sorrow’s heavenly,

It strikes where it doth love. She wakes.

Journal 5

In this quote Othello is contemplating his ordeal with his dear, Desdemona he has no idea what the truth is. But Othello is going to take her life anyway. The young warrior loved her so much, when heard this he was crushed. Pulling him straight into denial and revenge. Othello wanted use different ways to cancel out his emotions and find a more accurate reason for killing his honest lover. The reason he chose was that if he did not kill her, she would end up betraying other men. In the quote he says, "Yet she must die, else she’ll betray more men". Here is a clear example of why othello has completely lost his heart and cherish for her. Another major sentence in the quote is when he uses personification to explain two actions that he is going to complete. Othello says," Put out the light, and then put out the light". Othello is saying that he is going to put out the actual light in the room that he is in. And then put out the light in Desdemona's heart. When I said this quote in my performance I sounded sad and angry at the same time. This was a very emotional time for Othello. He was on the verge of killing his wife.  I believe that this was the most important scene in the book. Without this scene there would be no story. This is the climax of the story and can only be told like this. My scene turned out the way I wanted it.