Q3 Art/Design

This quarter, I worked on a number of different art/design projects. The main project that was officially for art class was the Vans Custom Culture competition. I was in charge of designing and applying a design for the BMX, surfing and skateboarding themed classic vans shoe. My idea sprouted from the idea of transpiration and Philadelphia transportation (SEPTA) in the form of a subway map. 

I started out in adobe illustrator looking at real world subway maps and designed my own. After much thought about how to actually apply the map to the white shoe, we figured that the easiest thing to do would be to use packing tape to make a template and paint the lines on the shoe. I stayed for a few days after school working on taping and painting and finally on the day it was due I finished and the shoe was complete and ready to be photographed and submitted. 

vans subway
vans subway
Wynn_Vans_Mash-up
Wynn_Vans_Mash-up

On top of the work in art class, I also worked on a number of personal projects. The biggest of them all has been launching my website. I used adobe muse and have been building the website since December. I went into building the website without a real theme for the website, my only real idea for it, was that I wanted there to be a business card on the home page with 2 buttons going to my graphic design portfolio and the other to a photography portfolio. I built the homepage like I wanted it and continued on to designing the actual portfolios. With the help of my mentor phil, we came up with a side scrolling circle concept. It took a few weeks to finally gt the website into a form that was simple and easy for the viewer to use. 

Now that the website is usable, I’m going back and re-designing the pages and taking a second look and deciding what might be better and adding features that some users asked for. One of the big changes that I’ve made already is re-designing the home page, this iteration pulls from my vans custom culture design and uses the “subway stops” as the buttons for the contact page and both portfolios. The URL for the website is wynngearydesign.com

​Other projects included:

Re-designing the SLARP logo,

I've also been working on projects with my mentor like, 
Creating concepts for a nascar/national guard project