Q3 Art Portfolio CPagan

Link to Art portfolio Keynote

This quarter we were given the assignment to learn and draw from an online art course. In the beginning I wasn't too excited to do this because I felt like I wouldn't learn anything from the lessons, however, I learned small tips and techniques from doing each drawing. I definitely pushed my abilities by doing the pictures that were done in colored pencil. I'm the type of person that enjoys expanding my abilities across a multitude of different mediums, this assignment allowed me to do that. I have a hard time shading a picture without precise detail and I feel like the cross shading and the scribble technique that was used in a few of the lessons helped me loosen up with my attention to detail. Admittedly, the objects weren't exactly things that I would've personally chosen to draw and add to my portfolio but looking over all of the ones that I have done I find myself admiring the technique that I used more than the actual picture.If I was to do something like this over again I would probably force myself to step out of my comfort zone even more and do more pictures in color.