Quarter 3_Artist Statement

Below are all my drawing and artist statements for each one:

​Point Perspective-
100MEDIA95IMAG0513
100MEDIA95IMAG0513
 Creating this assignment began by making sure that I knew where my foreground, background, and vanishing points coexisted. Once I did that this entitled me to be able to create the scenery through a school building. I added specific details such as lockers as well to add to the display. Through out this project it was challenging to create the different objects so that the correspond with the lines and seem three dimensional. 
​​Hair/Texture-
100MEDIA95IMAG0512
100MEDIA95IMAG0512
 For hair and texture not only did I focus on texture aspects, but features for people as we'll. While doing this the only material that I used was a pencil. I noticed that when doing hair the features of the face and details were very determining as to how it would look. Another reason that I focus on both aspects is because it helped me create more skills. Making hair in general consisted of detailed line strokes. Overall this topic is something that I am open to getting better at in terms of my technique. 
​Large Self Portrait
100MEDIA95IMAG0508
100MEDIA95IMAG0508
 Within this picture, is just a large blown up view of my smaller self portrait. I decide to draw from the same picture of myself. This was all in attempts to conquer and capture important details. I felt as if the arms could face had more structure and detail to it. Although my main focus was to work on facial details and becoming more precise with shapes. In the future I would work on the arm details more and possibly add more shading. 
​Small Self Portrait- 
100MEDIA95IMAG0507
100MEDIA95IMAG0507
When drawing myself, it was a very difficult assignment. In fact it didn't even seem like it was a portrait of myself. I still don't feel like this picture does either. Self portraits take a lot of practice, so I am not discouraged. The details and shapes are noted to be some of the most important parts of creating these ties of images. I noticed that the hair in this picture did look a like to the was my hair was in the original picture. 
​Texture Water-
Drawing this was pretty difficult. The shading made it hard to capture in terms of making it 3d. The water popped out after I figured it out so that I could find the water within the paper. After erasing after a while it became easier to create water, since it is clear. When doing this the water image then appeared making me content with what I had. 
​Shading-
Photo on 4-14-12 at 1.53 AM
Photo on 4-14-12 at 1.53 AM
Shading was difficult. In order to capture the correct amount of color and scales to it is what made this so intense. In the beginning this is what stood out to me. After erasing some of the shades it looked more like the image that I was trying to portray. 
​Scales-
Photo on 4-14-12 at 2.52 AM
Photo on 4-14-12 at 2.52 AM
Making this fish was actually very entertaining. It didn't consist of doing much, but making the shapes and scales. The scales seemed difficult to draw at first when starting off from the end, but afterwards they just got easier to depict throughout the drawing. I feel like my drawing looks exactly like the one shown in the example as well. The only materials that I used for this specific assignment was a pencil. I oddly noticed that this assignment had no shading to it, but just consisted of shapes. 

​Journal-

1. Projects I have completed:

• Self Portrait small
  • Self portrait large
  • texture
  • 2 point perspective
  • shade
2. I can't because you made your submission form for 9:15 instead of 11:59 p.m.

3. I did not complete the color wheel.

4. During this quarter I slacked off a bit. My work ethics consisted of just looking at the work and how I could get it done. I didn't really spend as much time as I could on each item, although I wish I could have. Overall, I was pretty good with trying new things out although trying to figure out how to draw my self portrait was the most time consuming. I think that I could have worked more on other assignments. Lastly, I think that I should have made my own deadlines for this quarter.

5. Next quarter my goal is to try abstract emotion because this is very interesting because I am not great with displaying my emotions or even trying to draw emotions. Another goal for next quarter is to work hard on my observation landscape assignment because I have trouble collecting real world scenarios and putting it on paper the way it looks.