Rafiq Robinson's Q1 Benchmark

Recipe and Analysis

​Boneless Garlic and Lemon Pepper Halal Chicken Sandwich

4-6 - Boneless Chicken Breast
1/4 cup oil (sunflower oil)
1 Tbsp -Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp - Butter or Margarine  
4 - 6 Hamburger or Hoagie Rolls

Get a few thin slices of chicken breasts.
On both sides of the chicken sprinkle good amount of garlic and let sit for 40 seconds.
Place the specified amount oil and butter in skillet.
Cook the oil and butter in skilled on medium heat until Hot.
Cook breast on both sides for a few minutes or alternatively until all the pink is gone from the meat leaving it entirely white inside.(To do this I cut little slits in the the chicken so I can see the inside of the meat.)

Place on buttered and toasted hamburger or hoagie rolls. Add any condiments you feel necessary.

Most of the meal is whole food because it is solely meat, spices and bread. The only processed part of the meal is butter and oils and you can just bake the chicken or not use butter for the bread. My body is just eating natural foods, it digests chicken, bread and butter just like any food. The worse thing here is butter but animal fat is much worse for arteries. Also 100% of the calories from the butter come from fat so add another problem but the butter I used has 0mg of cholesterol so take the good with the bad. Although butter is not as bad for your arteries it is still just bad and it will lead to many problems. The fried food is also bad for your health but it is still meat.

Most of my food is from America but the chicken is from Pennsylvania. The butter I would have to assume is the farthest because it doesn't have any designated place in America it just says from the U.S.A. The chicken is Halal, bread and butter is all commercially produced and grown.

As a meal it cost 4.50 per pound of halal chicken, 2.00 per bag of bread, 2.69 for the butter. Per sandwich it cost .78 cents. The food is regulated by FDA like most foods are in the U.S. The individual companies themselves made money off of my food and since most of the food is independent except for the butter which is from a bigger company, smaller companies made all the money off of the food I brought.

I don't see any ramifications for my food socially because halal meat is slaughtered traditionally and without all the social problems that lobbyists have with big companies. No one is angry about bread or butter as far as I am informed. For my meat it starts with the farm, slaughtered at the farm, packaged, to my home and on the plate.

Personal Reflection

My role in the larger food system is the same as it always was, the consumer. I am and will always be the consumer unless I take up a job as a farmer or regulator but my role as a consumer is the most important because the role is an ever changing one. The role can change radically because if me and 1000 friends come up and want something different and convince others that they want the same thing, something will change. One of the biggest problems is that everyone accepts this as it is and it is an insufficient amount people who legitimately want change and will continue to fight for it. In other words the biggest problem is the people who say "Yeah this is a travesty!" and do nothing about it. Yes I choose to say I support a corrupt and deteriorating system but at least I am honest and I don't say things like I will change it. In a market business the consumer is god and unless god TRULY wants change to an extreme extent nothing will happen.The only change I can see is not supporting this disgusting system of animal abuse and capitalism. This would be a giant change, a change so big that it would change the U.S economy and maybe even the U.S itself. This change would show the people who want nothing but money that the consumers want change and to eat healthy. If these people are motivated enough they can influence others to show our government that we want cleaner everything and that we will not respond until we get what we want. No I am not willing to make these changes because I am not motivated or moved enough to do anything. Even if I was motivated enough it would take a lot more to change things than one person it take about a million.

Food Rule

This rule is simple in nature with a an even simpler message. Do Not Over Eat. It is harmful and it leads to many harmful things later on in life such a high blood pressure and diabetes and with those numbers rising dramatically there is no need to add to that statistic.