Re-write the first page of a book

So I decided to do Pride and Prejudice (probably my favorite book in the whole world :] ).

Everybody knows that a rich single guy wants to get married. So if one of these guys moves into a neighborhood, the families living nearby usually consider this poor guy the rightful property of their daughter.

"Honey," Mr. Bennet's wife said to him one day, "did you hear- somebody's finally rented out Netherfield Park!" 

Mr. Bennet answered that no, he hadn't heard.

"It's true!" she said, "Mrs. Long was just here and she told me all about it."

Mr. Bennet took another sip of his soda.

"Don't you want to know who's renting it?" whined Mrs. Bennet.

"Well you obviously want to tell me so go ahead."

Mr. Bennet's reply was just the amount of prodding his wife needed, and she went on.

"Okay, so Mrs. Long told me that Netherfield was just rented by this rich young guy from Northern England. He came down on monday in a fancy car to see the place and he loved it so much that he agreed with Mr. Morris that very day. He's going to move in by Michaelmas, and some of his servants are going to be here by the end of next week!"

"What's his name?"

"Bingley."

"Is he married or single?"

"Oh, he's single all right! A single man with a large fortune; four or five thousand a year. Oh, what a wonderful thing for our girls…" Mrs. Bennet smiled excitedly.

"How so? What does he have to do with them?"

"Oh honey," his wife answered, "how can you be so stupid! Obviously I mean that he should marry one of them."

"Oh, is that why he moved here?" Mr. Bennet replied sarcastically.