Revolution Guidebook Project

In our World History class, for the past few weeks, we have been learning through a unit on revolutions, both historical and contemporary. We learned by researching recent revolutions taking place in the Arab spring, as well as the recent events in Kiev. We did an extensive study of the French Revolution that culminated in a research based role play. In this role play, we took on the mantle of several figures and historical archetypes during the revolution, and had a question driven discussion through the eyes of these characters.
I learned in this unit, and in my own research, that revolutions can take place anywhere in the world where a large group of people desires change, and in a diverse array of forms. Revolutions can be violent, or cleanly political. They don't even need to involve government. Revolutions are the building block for change in our world.
Bibliography:

"The Meiji Restoration and Modernization | Asia for Educators | Columbia University."The Meiji Restoration and Modernization | Asia for Educators | Columbia University. Columbia University, n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2014.

"Meiji Restoration/Revolution in Japan." Meiji Restoration/Revolution in Japan. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2014.
Blair, David. "Ukraine Crisis: Deadly Snipers Extinguish Lives of Kiev's Protesters." The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group, 05 Sept. 0020. Web. 05 Mar. 2014.
"Flat Design: Trend or Revolution?" Webinsation. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2014.