Sean Morris Geometry benchmark

-    How does this project relate to the real world?

This project relates to the real world in several ways. A primary way it relates to the real world is for architects. It can relate to architects because by using the methods demonstrated architects can plan out how tall a building is which can be useful when adding new features onto a building. Another way it relates to the real world is it is useful to business that need to tear down a building so they can know the total area of destruction would approximately be. It is also useful for realtor who need the know how tall a house or apartment is so that they can give that data to their customers.  

-       What was the most exciting portion of this project and why? What was the least exciting portion to this project and why?

The most exciting portion of this project was to go outside and see the method in work. I thought this was the most exciting because I thought it was interesting to see the variables being used hands on here. For example on how our individual heights could effect our answers. I thought the least exciting portion was having to do the verifications. I thought this was the least exciting because at sometimes my verifications didn’t match up with the heights I had in my paper so it was just frustrating to have to constantly fix and change map on something that I believe should have been easier.

-       What did you learn from completing this project?

I learned more on how to use stick method correctly. I learned the various factors that could play into using picture verification. I learned on how to use the mirror method correctly in a real life situation. I learned that there are many different ways on how to verify your calculations for a building and what different factors play into them. The project has taught me a new appreciation for Geometry and how potentially complex it can be at many times. I found that even relatively simple buildings can become  much more complex when using its measurements and calculating its measurements in Geometry problems.