Slide Design

Hello, everyone! These are my goals in life (shows slide). Now, the first thing you may be thinking about when you see this is the colors or even the funky doctor. The colors are not a pattern, even though you may think it is. I chose to make the colors that way to depict important words. The red words are the important ones, while the blue ones are not as important. You may have also realized that the blue words are slightly smaller as well. This way, even if you were in the back of the room, you’d still be able to read my slides perfectly. 

Why did I put the picture of the doctor? I put it there because the audience would be pretty bored if slides were just consisted of words. I put visuals in my slide to keep the audience entertained and awake. You can probably call it my trump card. 

Something that influenced my decisions is Zach Holman’s post about slide designs. I was able to look at some of the slides he created and how they were visually appealing. He was able to get his point across clearly, while keeping me awake. He made use of different colors/fonts which made it exciting and fun to look at. 

Brandon Yam (Tech) Original

Reflection

I found that my original slide was pretty good. After my presentation, I thought otherwise. One thing that I needed to change was the text style. I had two different text styles for the words, which I didn't notice. Another thing that needed to be changed was the pictures. The actual pictures themselves wasn't the problem, but the white background with them was. To fix that I'll have to use the "Alpha" tool to remove the white background and re-arrange the pictures. Last, but not least, remove the bullet points. The bullet points gave the slide a look of formality when it was intended to be fun. This is my new slide.
Brandon Yam (Tech) New:Edited