Symone Smith Marking Period One

For my art project I decided to create two separate pieces. The first piece I created was a cell phone holder. I did this so that I could have a designated place to put my cellphone. The second piece I am still working on is a 3 dimensional cardboard replica of the supergirl icon using recycled candy wrappers. I decided to create such a piece so that I could add something special to my room.

For this specific project I had to make a few decisions. One major decision was what type of recycled material I was going to use and how I was going to use it. I eventually decided that I was going to use candy wrappers to create something that I could keep for a long time. I decided to make something that I like into a decoration for my room. I choose to recreate the supergirl icon because she is one of my favorite superheros. She is strong physically and I strive to be strong mentally and emotionally. For me cellphone holder I had to choose a paint color and I chose green because that is my favorite color.

This was pretty much the first type of art project that I came up with on my own. I realized while working on this project that i can be creative and that i actually enjoy being able to do that. I also enjoy challenging myself and taking on new things.

Sketch of Supergirl Sign On Cardboard

supergirlcardboardsketch

Candy Wrappers Weaved Together
candy weaving

Candy Wrappers Collected So Far
candy wrappers3

CellPhone Holder Process

process 3

process1

Finished Product
cellphone holder

Bottle Cap Poster
Screen shot 2010-11-04 at 8.01.32 PM
Screen shot 2010-11-04 at 8.01.32 PM