The Heart of Lady Macbeth

My project is an art piece that depicts the heart of Lady Macbeth. Because of Lady Macbeth's evil desire for riches, ultimately she was left powerless and under the shadow of the tyrant master of her own guilt. In this piece, the heart as the center focus. Around the heart are flames, which symbolizes the range of emotions that compassed her. Also, the background is red to signify the innocent blood that she shed.

Inside the heart at the top-left hand corner, it is fully black and has the quote “Fill me from the crown to the toe top-full of direst cruelty. Make thick my blood.” That part of the heart represents the point of the play in which she was full of evil and malice to become queen. On the top-right hand side of the heart, the color is a lightly shaded black with a pastel and has  the quote My hands are of yours, but I shame to wear a heart so white.” In this section of the heart, it signifies how Lady Macbeth is still evil but she has not been as covetous as she previously was because she knows she has to be strong for Macbeth. As you go down towards the bottom of the heart, you will start to notice splotches of red and the quote “I pray you speak not: he grows worse and worse; question enrages him.”  Although this quote doesn’t concern Lady Macbeth, it represents a pivotal point for Lady Macbeth because she starts to notice that she is losing control of Macbeth, therefore she covers up for him and claims that he has had convulsions since his childhood. The red represents how she is commencing to feel remorse about the heinous crime she committed. Towards the bottom of the heart, it turns completely black and contains the quote “More need she the divine than a physician. God, God forgive us all.” This represents how Lady Macbeth has totally lost control over the circumstance and no one can help her. At the bottom of the heart, it looks as if something is pouring out of the heart, it is black, and it has the quote,  “The queen is, my lord, is dead.” This point of the picture signifies the death of Lady Macbeth.

My process was short but complicated. It took me a several hours to complete this because of time constraints. It was difficult completing this project because I made several mistakes in the piece. Because of my difficulties with the project I just moved on by covering up my mistakes. I don’t really take pride in this project because it wasn’t what I wanted to do. I learned from my colleagues to get creative and to think outside of the box. If I were to do this project again, I would completely do it over again. It actually wanted to make a sour dish to represent the evil of Lady Macbeth in the beginning of the play and a sweet dish to represent Lady Macbeth at the end because she was became more of a human. I am going to do this and I will be bringing in for the class on Monday April 15, 2013. I learned not to go with the first idea that pops up into my head, but to be unique and artistic. I also learned to put effort into my work.
Although this won't be counted for credit, below is what I actually wanted to do. I made a sour cream and onion snack to represent how Lady Macbeth was evil in the beginning. I made Kiss Pies, which are sweet, to represent how Lady Macbeth became more humane and had feelings of regret towards what she had done, in the end.
*​Kiss Pies
*Sour Cream and Onion Snacks