The Turn Around,of a Young Girl!

The Turn Around,of a Young Girl!

Characters:
Jennette (main): She is only 15 year2s old. She had a great life, but eventually moves and ends up living next to a sex worker. She does not know about it at all. She lives in Thailand in a little cot with her mom,dad,and sister Janice. Her family eventually starts to go down hill. Her dad becomes a heavy drinker,so the mom and sisters move out.The neighbor is always trying to communicate with her, but she keeps it to a short conversation and walks away. She eventually gets sold. Later in the years when she is 35 she meets back up with her father and mother not even remembering who they were because, her mom let her go at such a young age. The sex workers lives up in Thailand, he buys this girl name Jennette and he owns many other girls as well. He has sex with every girl he owns without a condom. Then Jennette get the idea that she could be HIV positive or suffering form hidden AIDS. Then her parents come to find her and tell her it will be okay.
Dad,(Joseph): This is the father of Jennette and Janice. Joseph is a very heavy drinker. He eventually one day lost control and realized his daughter needed his help.
Mom, (Elaine): This is the mother of Jennette and Janice and the spouse of Joseph. She is the kind of mother who did not are that her daughter sold her self to be a sex worker until her husband pointed everything out to her.

JENNETTE
I heard music blaring, guys yelling, and girls moaning. I being only 15 thought of one thing,sex. I was wrong. There were poles all around me, girls in very revealing clothes, and dances being passed around like free food. Then I looked down at myself, I was dressed like all the other girls, standing next to a pole, and getting ready to do a dance. I hoped it was a dream, but it was real. (sitting in thoughts,commotion all around) I remember it like it was just a day ago. Screams going throughout the house. My mom and dad were fighting. Me being the youngest child ran to my sister and cried. “Why has mommy and daddy been fighting constantly?” More tears came to my eyes “I understand that he has an illness.” (bottle cracks) “but don’t you think he can cure himself by only drinking one or two a day?” “Is anything going to help?” (walks out of sisters room,peeks down the stairs) I heard the words! “NO MOMMY!” “Daddy didn’t mean it.” “No mommy, we can’t just leave.” (sister approaching from room) “Janice, were moving out!” “I know mommy does not understand daddy did not mean anything intentionally!” (girls go off into room,pack their things) “Daddy,I'm gonna miss you” “you seem like you don’t care?” “do you not get that we are moving far away?” “I thought i was your baby girl?” Tears streamed down my face. “I hope to see you in a later life!” (moved,settled in, and adapted to new home) “Hello, Mr. Tang!” “It really is such a wonderful day, matter of fact didn’t i see you by the shopping centers the other day?” “I thought that was you, what were you doing around there?” “You didn’t just get food, you were looking in the window where they keep the girls.” “Whoa, what do you mean?” “you did not just say such a thing!” (conversation cut off by mother’s yell for dinner) “Mom, Mr. tang said a few things to me today.” “well he said he wants to see me in the window.” “how do you not see anything wrong with that!” (excused herself to her room, just sat there and thought) I was hurt, my mom just said she would put my body up for sale without saying it. Is that possible? (the next day) I put my body up, and nobody could stop me. (neighbor comes up to window) “You got what you wanted.” “You look pretty happy, so are you gonna buy me?” That was the day, the day my body was sold. It was sold to a man, a man who i once called my neighbor but is now my owner. (flashed back) I turned to the crowd and spotted Mr.Tang my owner. I walked over with the swag i was taught and asked him what he wanted next. He handed me $3. We went, and i gave him what three dollars bought.

DAD
I lost it, control of everything. My words, my feelings, and my actions. I didn’t mean anything intentionally. It just happened. The force of all my anger took over. My illness came out, and
unleashed the worst of me. My hand went flying it cracked her, right across the face. We were fighting about how we were falling apart and the blame was put all onto me. She must not understand me very well. (flashes forward to when they leave) “yeah ill miss you too!” “i care” “I understand your moving far away.” “you are, and always will be my baby girl.” (he finds out his daughter is being sold) she wasn't my baby anymore. I seen her that day in the window, taken a second glance hoping it wasn't her. It was. I made my way towards her village. (talking to the mother) “how could you do this to my baby.” “yes i understand i wasn't in her life!” “Keep talking go head, just remember she will always be my baby!” “Bullshit? That's why I'm here to find out what gave you the idea to sell our beautiful daughter”s body?” (Flashes back to the window) the men i see had their eyes on my daughter. just sitting there on the bench smoking. The tags mean a lot. Was my daughter really standing in this window with a pin in her breast. she was suppose to be my baby girl. I witnessed a man buying her. she glanced at me, realizing who i was. i looked straight in to her eyes and i whispered “i love you!” That last look i got made me think how the rest of her life was put into ruins.

JENNETTE
(sitting around, just thinking to herself) I'm the one who did this to myself. His last words, the words you are, and always will be my baby girl. Will i still be the baby girl he thinks i was when i left? I’m a different person now. I’m not who i was when i was 15. I am now 35. I’ve been working for Mr.Tang for quite a while now. I’m kept away from everyone. Its been like that ever since the day Mr.Tang bought me. I remember it like it was yesterday. (flashes back to the day) I put my body up the day before. The next day Mr.Tang came to the shopping center did his daily routine. When he passed the window, he noticed me. Stopped, stared, then walked away. I thought he would never come back. Hours later i was being commanded. He was my owner.(flashes back to just sitting round) To this day i still do not know how many girls have been through this. I have been doing what he wants me to do for years. He does it with girls of all ages, with no condom. Then he comes to me. well if i have a disease? Why are these things hitting me now. (another worker walks in) How do i know if I'm affected? you know like with an HIV. What do you mean i have a high chance? that's crazy, how did you know the HIV rates were rising? weren't you here since you were 15 like me? NO! that's unfair. You also heard what!? AIDS! Their here, but hidden are you sure? no please don't go we have to talk. oh okay. bye.(zoned back to herself) of all the girls hes been buying sex or actions from, I'm most likely affected with HIV and has the hidden AIDS!

DAD
(father at mothers door) Its child prostitution! you know, but did you know that your daughter can be suffering? i understand this wasn't your decision, but you made her go put her body up. speechless that's right because I'm right. Now all of a sudden you care. Hows she suffering. through pain, and diseases. How, well the HIV rates are going up. 40% of women are HIV positive. Yes that can include your daughter. Not only can she test HIV positive, she can have any kind of infection. Of course there are condoms around here. its just that no one uses them , but they are highly recommended. Yes this is very helpful, but  i just tried helping you. Does this change your views on what you want to do for our baby girl. Yes i called her ours. That is exactly what she is, and she needs us. Now lets go get our daughter back.

MOM
(while getting dressed and ready) Is there any hope for her? I hope! All we need to do is hurry down to the bar where the girls dance every hour, go talk to Mr.Tang who i doubt will remember us, then we will have our daughter back. But well if its not that simple? were gonna have to go in and sort things out. Maybe we can just sneak her out! (yells from own the stairs) I'm coming. So Hun do you think there is hope for her. Just a little? Well not only do you have to have hope in her, you have to have hope in us. (arrive to the bar)  We walk in the music is blaring out. This scene was horrible. When i was looking at the girls it was like i forgot what my own daughter looked liked. I spotted her. My young beautiful daughter. Does she remember me. Janette, its me your mother? YOUR MOTHER, the one who gave you birth, the one who was there for you all the times you needed me, the one who gave you advice wen you were little. But most important is, I’m here to take you home. Yes both me and daddy. Those sex workers are known as HIV positive. Don't be scared, it will be over no time. If anything you have me and your father.