Theory of Evolution - Aja and Jésus

Something things that have been tested or experimented happened with Darwin and his exploration. He began this world known theory when he started to explore how different genes work and the processes in which they create new life forms.

One popular experiment/observation was Darwin’s Finches. New species of finches in the Galapagos Islands sprung around area, with different beaks and characteristics. He was intrigued by this discovery and only aided to develop the modern theory of evolution. What made the finches so interesting was that they basically evolved to depending on what food they need in a certain area. From bugs, to leaves, to seeds, these were the foods different finches ate. And believe it or not, they each needed different beaks for them.

l_016_02_l
l_016_02_l
FinchTypes
FinchTypes

The Earth is approximately 4.6 billion years old and humans appeared within the last-2 million years. Microorganisms appeared first - 3.4 million years ago. The plants of the land appeared about 400 million years ago and it was about 225 million years ago when mammals and dinosaurs walked the earth. Which evolves into the topic of Natural selection which acts upon the mutation that are inherited from one generation to the next. Out of all the type of  genes there are only the genes in the sperm cell will get passed on to the future generations. Thus causing any potential alter to the configuration of any population. Enabling us to keep track of how things change over time, which is what we call Evolution.

Sample Questions

1. In what ways would an animal that eats earthworms with its beak evolve to eat berries off a tree?
a. It’s beak would get smaller for more precise grabbing.
b. They will change color to resemble a tree.
c. Their claws will be able to cling on trees.
d. Nothing will change.

2. An animal that lived in water and adapted to live on land, would most likely be a:
a. amphibian
b. invertebrate  
c. Cold - blooded
d. Reptiles