Turning Off the Translator Part 2

1. Who you spoke with and why you chose that partner:

1. - SharedTalk; Peter

2. What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?

- I learned that Peter is 20, doesn't go to school/college and wants to improve his english while learning russian. He's from a city in España that can be pretty at times. He's read a novel about my city and he was into anime but never really wanted to learn japanese. 
  3. /How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goals?

- I think this was helpful to me because i got correct on errors that I make frequently and now I know for the next conversation, how to say different things. My goal was to do as much as i could without the translator which i tried but couldn't. I could understand what he was saying for the most part but when I tried to say something back I couldn't always remember the right word or conjugation so I had to look it up. 
  4. What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations? What specifically to you need to improve on?

- Quiero continue talking to people and getting comfortable because I'm noticing that the more I talk to people, the more words I have to look up, use, and then repeat until they're known to me. Things like telling people "Soy de un cuidad en los Estados Unidos" is now very easy and I don't have to look up those words. They've been memorized from repetition. My new goal is to have a truck load more conversations so that phrases become more known to me and in turn i can have less need for the translator. 
Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 11.14.50 AM
Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 11.14.50 AM
Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 11.22.04 AM
Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 11.22.04 AM