Week 1 Kimberly Parker

​(I have designed and created a pages doc where my I have more detailed and a better display. I can show this in class. When this project is completed, I will convert the doc into a PDF so I can put it up on the course blog.
Objetivos que hice (5):
Michelle Torrelli me está ayudando a alcanzar mis metas. Michelle habla con fluidez el español. Vamos a video chat una vez por semana durante cinco semanas con el fin de cumplir con mis metas.
Week #1) I want to focus on clothing. In this first conversation, I want to focus on being able to recognize different articles in clothing and able to say them in Spanish. I also want to be able to compliment on clothing that I like.
Week #2) I want to learn how to tell other people where I am or where I was, using past and present tenses. I also want to describe the places I’ve been.
Week #3) For week #3, I want to focus on talking about emotions. On top of that, I want to be able to describe why I feel that way.
Week #4) For week #4, I want to talk about food! Food is an interest of mine and would like to expand my Spanish speaking on it.
Week #5) I want to work on completing sentences. Not just any sentences, detailed sentences where I describe everything I’ve learned so far.

Pre Conversation
1.¿Cuál es tu tema de conversación?
Mi tema de conversación para una semana se va a centrar en la ropa. Quiero reconocer artículo diferente de la ropa. Quiero felicitar a la ropa que me gusta.
What are five questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?
Five questions that I am going to ask Michelle are:
-¿Qué es una buena de complementar la ropa de una persona?
-¿Me puede dar un vocabulario para la ropa?
-¿Cómo se utiliza el tiempo pasado?
-¿Qué ropa te pones?
-¿Qué ropa usa la gente en la Argentina? (Michelle originates from Argentina)
3.How do you anticipate your partner will respond to these questions?
I anticipate that Michelle will know the answers to all of these questions. She will defiantly be able to give me some vocabulary. I think that these questions are going to be good conversation starters and will enable the conversation to go really smoothly for the five minutes.
4.What are you looking forward to about this conversation?
I really am looking forward to having a full on conversation in Spanish with someone who is fluent in the language. I’m also looking forward to learning some new vocabulary. I’m curious to know what kind of clothing they wear in Argentina as well.
5.What are you nervous about?
I’m not as nervous as I would be if I was to chat with a stranger. Since Michelle is my friend, I know she will be able to help me and I shouldn’t be too nervous. I’m a little about not being able to keep up with the conversation or not knowing what she is saying. But I know Michelle will help me if I get stuck and won’t get irritated with me like maybe someone over the internet would.

Post Conversation
Post-Conversación
Michelle Torelli’s nationality is Argentine.
Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?
I spoke with Michelle Torelli. I chose to speak with her because she is one of my good friends and I know she will be able to help me out with my Spanish goals. I also know that she will be patient with me.
What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?
I didn’t necessarily learn anything about Michelle because I’ve known her for three years now. I learned from her, new vocabulary, what they wear in argentina, and how to compliment on clothing,
How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goals?
This interaction helped me move towards achieving my goals because I learned new vocabulary. Michelle also answered all my questions. So now I can look back on this video and reflect on what she said, I can always go back and recap.
-What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?
I did well with understanding what she was saying. I also did well with learning the new vocabulary and asking her the questions.
-What specifically do you need to improve on?
I need to improve on my accent. At times, Michelle could not understand what I was saying.