Wire Drawings

For this project, I chose to switch my "Observation Landscape" drawing to"Drawing with Wires". I saw this project in a family magazine and automatically knew that I wanted to do this. I just needed the materials. One of them are pliers, wire, and scissors. I chose this project because it is something that no one has done before in my class and I wanted to see how I would react to it. Surprisingly, it looks easy when you start but then the wire starts to bend and mess up. If I could do this again, I would get a plastic coated wire so the bents and twists (that were mess ups) wouldn't show as much. 

I first got my materials. Then I drew a stencil on a piece of paper with out picking up the pencil point because I was planning to use just one long strand of wire. Then I started both of my wire drawings at the feet to reconnect them in the end. I used the pliers to finalize all of the twists and turns I had to make. My favorite tool was the pliers. Personally, I like the elephant over the panda. This is because the people I showed it too said my panda looked like a rhino.

I know a piece is done when I can step back and look at all of the work I did. I also can look at my work and have a sigh of relief because I see what I am capable of. When my work is going well, I am filled with a sense of relief. When people see my work, I'd like them to see my hard work and give me their comments. I would also like them to see a panda and an elephant in my drawing.
photo 3 (5)
photo 3 (5)
photo 4 (3)
photo 4 (3)