Chicken Quesadillas

Recipe

Ingredients:

• Whole grain all flour tortilla wraps

• skinless chicken breast

• whole onion

• whole green pepper

• mushrooms

• 3 blend mexican cheese

• olive oil

• salt

• pepper

Process

1. Take your onion, green peppers and mushrooms and dice them up into tiny pieces

2. In George Foreman Grill or in pan cook chicken breast until it’s safe to eat.

3. Once cooked cut up chicken breast into small pieces.

4. Grab a pan and cover pan with a light blanket of olive oil.

5. Turn pan on to medium low heat and throw the tortilla wrap into pan.

6. Take your 3 blend mexican cheese and sprinkle it until tortilla is completely covered.

7. Take your diced cooked chicken breast pieces and put them on the layer of cheese spreading them out evenly.

8. Take your diced vegetables and repeat step 7.

9. Put another layer of cheese on the chicken and vegetables.

10. Take another tortilla and put it on top.

11. Once first layer of cheese has melted carefully flip the quesadilla so that the other side can do the same.

12. Once both sides of cheese has melted turn off stove cut up into favored amount of slices and enjoy.

Analysis

Not only is this meal extremely tasty it is also very healthy. With the only ingredient that I think is processed is the 3 blend cheese, every other ingredient on here is completely natural. This is an easy to make meal with all natural ingredients and while none of these ingredients are organic they are still better than eating processed foods. 

Now while meat is somewhat of a no-no from what I learned was poultry is the healthiest choice of meat to choose from. Chicken is an excellent source of protein and isn’t a red meat so the risk of cancer and obesity goes down my a significant margin. And since it’s not processed that adds more points to the healthy factor. Let’s look at the tortilla bread next. The tortilla bread I am using is all flour and whole wheat making it completely natural. Also thanks to it being whole wheat it’s way healthier than buying white tortilla bread which is sometimes processed to make it look white. To add a bit more health benefits to the dish I decided to add all natural vegetables . Green bell peppers are a great source of vitamin C, onions help regulate blood sugar to a safe level and mushrooms help combat chronic diseases. The 3 blend Mexican cheese is with pasteurized milk which makes it the only thing on this list thats processed. The only health benefit the cheese has is being low in cholesterol and sugars.

Reflection

I’ve learned a lot about food this unit, especially about the western diet and how it affects humans. I always knew the western diet was little worse than everyone else’s diet, but didn’t know it was worse than what I thought it to be. I had no idea some of the top leading deaths in America were diet related and it shows how bad the American diet really is. Another thing I noticed was that there are more obese people in the south than any other part of the country. This is due to the amount of meat they eat which I learned is in correlation with cancer.

Some food changes I could make would be not eating as much processed foods. Eating foods that take forever to decay can’t be good if its sitting in your stomach. Cutting back on the processed foods would probably make me healthier overall; however, I think it would be insanely hard to do this since most of the foods we eat are processed. Also whole foods tend to be much more expensive than processed foods since processed foods can be made in a factory. Once I start living on my own and buy my own food I would consider not buying as much processed foods.

food slogan