Fodie's Advanced essay #2: Relationship

​Introduction: In this paper, I focused on student teacher relationship. How a strong student teacher relationship is key to education. If a student has no support or a horrible student teacher relationship, how will the student every want to be involved with education? I brought up some of my personal life examples supporting what I was stating in my advanced essay. I focused on a lot of things in my paper especially my grammar. I always wanted to improve in my writing and in this piece I think I did well with that. I am very proud of every single part of my advanced essay especially my grammar. I plan to grow on my grammar, sentence structure, focus and just as a writer. 

Advanced Essay 2: 

A relationship is the way in which 2 objects or people are connected. Hate is having an intense feeling for someone. Hate is a powerful word. Dislike is the ability to feel distaste for someone else. I would say I dislike someone rather than say I hated someone. Feeling valuable is key to having a good relationship. People can have a good relationship by having somebody in their life and feeling valuable. If somebody is mistreating you, how would you gain confidence? You would feel some type of way, if it is a skin color, stereotype or anything else.

“If you need any help Fodie you can stay after school if you want, ” said my second grade teacher. I replied, “Yes, I’ll stay after school for a little.” She was the best teacher that I ever had in my life so far and she will forever be one of my favorite teachers.. It was 3 o'clock, the time to stay after school for a while and get help with my homework. My parents are immigrants and they don’t fully understand English. Sometimes my dad won’t even be home when I come after school because he has to work and provide for us. The best thing for me was to try and get the best education that I could in my life.

We started my homework and got it done in less than a hour. We talked for a little bit about random things about my life and how I was feeling. It felt good expressing and talking about my life and feelings. I felt like I always had someone to talk to if I were going through something. We could talk about anything. She used to give me snacks sometimes, too. I felt as if she treated me as her own son.  She was a second mom to me. Our relationship and bond was so strong and no one could ever break it. When it was the last day of school for second grade, I gave her the longest and biggest hug ever. I knew what I would be missing moving to the third grade. I would still see her but it wouldn’t be the same.

“Go to the office right now,” said my third grade teacher named Ms.Reeser. I said, “I didn’t even do anything wrong at all, I was sitting quietly in my seat.” My teacher said, “go and get out out my classroom right now!” The whole classroom got quiet, I left the room before I cause a bigger problem.  As I was walking to the office, I already knew I was going to get in trouble. A teacher can’t ever be wrong, it's always the students fault. I got to the office and talked to my principal and counselor about what happen. My teacher came into the office and explained a completely different story. Of course I got in trouble for something I didn’t do, she lied.

As I was walking back to the classroom, I thought that she hates me. She was always so mean to me, no matter what good deed I did. I started to notice that she hated me and a couple other people. I started to notice that the people she hates were the people who were all of different skin colors. I started to think at a young age, was it because I was black that she hated me? Was it because I was a different skin color than a majority of people at my school? What was the reason? I wanted to find out the truth as soon as possible.

A quote from “I Just Want to be Average” by Mike Rose. “But mostly the teachers had no idea of how to engage the imaginations of us kids who were scuttling along at the bottom of the pond. And the teachers would have needed some inventiveness, for none of us was groomed for the classroom. It wasn't just that I didn't know things didn't know how to simplify algebraic fractions, couldn't identify different lands of clauses, bungled Spanish translations but that I had developed various faulty and inadequate ways of doing algebra and maldng sense of Spanish. Some teachers really don’t care about the relationship and how that it is key to education. If a teacher is giving you support and you have a good relationship with that teacher, you are more likely to have a more beneficial education. If the teacher is just learning to get a paycheck, what learning is involved with that at all?

After school, I went straight home. I told my dad about what happened at school and how it was unfair.  I asked my dad, “Why do some white people have to be mean to us, black people?” He responded back, “I don’t really know, I think they have something against us black people, they don’t want us to be over them because they think they are the best people in the world.” I stood there and thought about what he said and then it hit me.

Relationship is key to anything in life. Having a success relationship in education is the best that could happen in education. A student that has a teacher who have major confident about them will push the student farther in life. People are always bring up different topics about education but aren’t realizing the huge major topic of student teacher relationship. Many teacher try to involved this because the different boundaries between a student and teacher.

Rose, Mike. "I Just Want to Be Average." Lives on the Boundary: The Struggles and Achievements

of America's Underprepared. New York: Free Press, 1989. 162-67. Print.