keystone pipeline monologue

Opening paragraph:
​In world history class we have been learning about the keystone xl pipeline ,which Is a pipeline  that will run through canada to texas to transfer oil from the canadian tar sands. Are class objective was create a monologue to show the effect that the tar sands would have on the U.S.

A CLOUDY DESCUSION:

Frank, frank its good for us. Well not us more them. They need us we don’t need them. Look at this. I can’t believe that they are placing dirt up here with us. Can you believe this? We try and try so hard to make sure that they get rain. But this is how they been repaying us. I thought if did some freaky stuff to the like hurricanes and storms they would stop doing stupid shit. But no they steal doing it. i tell you if i had a nickel. Are you listening do you even know what they’re about to do? No, what! Do you not watch the news. Well look they are going to place tons of nasty tar sands oil up here with us. Tar sands look like old ass oatmeal. Do you want old oatmeal clouds everywhere? I thought so. What are we going to do? ummmm ummmm ummmm tragic!

JEROME THE PIPE

(standing alone thinking)Hmmm i wondering if what I’m doing is wrong, on one hand it is helping the economy so people can live better. On the other side what is an economy without a world. I’m the biggest of all of us, am i helping or hurting the world and humans. But I’m a pipe the biggest pipe, Jerome the pipe. I’m made for one reason so i can help humans in their everyday life. But am i helping or hurting the humans. (phone rings and Jerome answers) Hi, hey Steve. Hmmm should I be apart of this pipeline? Why not it says it would help. Yeah you right who wants all that nasty tar going through them. Hmmm but i need to put food on the table for all my little tubelings. (repeats what steve says)Is it worth it? Should i lose my identity for a little money? I do have to teach my children to stand up for wants right no matter what! so i will not participate in such a pipeline. I’ll get my old job at the krusty krab. All i need to do is sit there kinda like I’m doing now in my house. Alright steve i gotta go i guess its ramen again for dinner. Bye!(Hangs up the phone and leaves to pick up kids from school)

TAR SANDS V. SHOE

Awwww not again. I’m so sick of being put in this stuff. Its just nasty, like old oatmeal. Lace!, Lace! can you hear me or are you double knotted. You got messed up too, huh? Yeah, I thought so, that tar sand is real nasty, and its all over. Lace, can you believe that this is the stuff that will be in our clouds and our atmosphere. I know Lace, it’s unbelievable. We can’t stop this, we’re just shoes. Our only soul purpose in life is to be the sole. We protect people’s feet and that’s it. That’s right, we can change the world by stopping the keystone pipeline, here’s my plan. First we’re going to wet ourselves, so when so when they put us on they will be uncomfortable so they can’t pollute our air with co2 and other nasty gases. Yeah, that sounds good to me we should do it lace. We out!!!

APPENDIX: 

It is more 1,700 miles long

Will provide you with more than 100 billion gallons of oil

Will create jobs

will destroy jobs

Help stimulate economy

Pollute the air