Net Neutrality

Some teens don't know what Net Neutrality is. An exact definition would be, ¨Not discriminating or charging deferentially by user, content, site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication¨. This means that we can use a certain bit of the internet and the rest is held in the safety of some people. But now the problem is that people want to decide what we should use for the internet, and control our freedom on the computer. Also people are trying to get faster internet but are being tricked into getting ¨faster internet¨.

-Columbia University media law professor Tim Wu

Critics of net neutrality say high-speed Internet providers need flexibility to innovate and that new revenues from premium pricing could help broadband providers upgrade their services.High-speed Internet service providers say not to worry, they don’t want to play favorites. We get to use what we want on the net, especially hard information we cannot find here. So its important for teens to know about this so they don't get tricked into buying something for faster internet. They can get tricked into buying ¨faster internet¨ but it will actually turn out to be worse than they had before.
-http://www.mediareformsc.org/index.php/should-wke-all-have-equal-access-to-the-internet

Its important for teens to know if Net Neutrality can hurt you.The people that get ¨hurt¨ from ¨Data Equality¨ are the service providers, because they lose money mostly from having data equality. In the video it said they usually also provide phones and cable but the internet can do that too so to cover the money that they lose by charging for ¨faster¨ internet services. One of the problems you can run into is getting ¨faster internet¨ but having to watch a lot of ad's. That sucks, no one likes that. Sometimes you should stick with what you have instead of getting this ¨better deal¨.

-Source: Youtube Video Mrs.Hull showed us

Drawing