Q4 Benchmark Taylor Thomas

• What did you set out to do?
  • For this Benchmark I set out to make a music video to an inspirational song that included the inspirations of myself and others. I chose the song Walking On Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves in Memory of the most inspirational woman in my life, Beth Hildebrand-Jordan. She passed away in August and this song has reminded me of her since.
  • How does your work incorporate the art of storytelling?
  • My product show the stories of how I gain inspiration to do the things I want in life. I also put at the end of the video a text to let people know that they can comment on my video and write what inspires them, so that I can learn their stories.
  • What do you hope your audience gains from your work?
  • I hope that my audience sees that some things can inspire them without even knowing that they are being inspired. You would be surprised at what you can find inspiration in, or what you can think about while you are doing little every day things.
  • What did you gain from doing this work. 
  • I gained a lot of knowledge about myself and about my family and friends from doing this project. It was very difficult for me to pick what was going to go into this project because some of my family and close friends did not want me to record them doing certain things but they did allow me to put in pictures of what their inspirations represent, so hopefully they will watch this and become inspired to make their own videos.