Sci-fi story

I always thought I had a great life. Never taking anything for granted, I was so humble. Just looking at my life you would think that I got everything I wanted. That I was set for life. However my family worked for everything we had. Born Jonathan Miles Harris, I am now 16 years old. I have black hair, I am 5 feet 6 inches. I am Milano male(Which is african american and Caucasian), With a heavy accent. I have reddish brown eyes, crooked smile, and I am 150 pounds. Who ever finds this short book will know what really happened to me.

So to whoever saw my story on the news I disappeared when I was 13, and reappeared on my 16th birthday. From where I was I saw everything that happened when I was taken. Everyone tried to blame my parents for me coming up missing. Because my mother was a former drug smuggler for the black market people believed that she was the cause. Others came up with the theory that because my father was a powerful district attorney. He received death threats from people relating to the inmates, some people theorized that I was taken because of him.

Breaking down the two theories was the job of the police and detectives, but It was impossible. My mothers past was filled with too many colorful people, and if this was a result of her past we could never know. My fathers was a smidge better, however still was a lost cause. After trying to ensure just for about a good 3 months the police gave up and left my parents with a huge burden.  

When I was took by “this creature” I was scared for my life. I blinked about a good 130 times to try and see if it was a dream. I pinched myself over and over again, and I prayed continuously. I just wanted to be back in my room making a beat or in the gym. Really I would have preferred to be anywhere but here. I couldn’t stand being in this dark moving vehicle’s trunk. I remember what happened when I was abducted.

It was a saturday, and I was walking to Acme to get snacks for the movie night my friends and I were about to have. While standing at the netflix box I was tapped and grabbed. Trying to put up a fight against 4 grown individuals was like a turtle trying to escape 4 different wildcats. After successfully getting my eyes and mouth covered I was shoved forcefully into a vehicle. After that I felt a heavy thump hit my leg, which were the snack that I just purchased. A feminine voice said eat these if you want to be partially satisfied during the trip.

After being in this surprisingly roomy trunk, being tossed my fulfilling snacks, and not hurt during my kidnapping I had a feeling I wasn’t really in danger. Every so often I would hear the same voice ask me was I okay. I would answer yes, but can someone please explain. She would reply the same way each time all in due time. You’ll be caught up in all the confusion shortly sweety. I just knew from her tone that I wasn’t in immediate danger. After driving in a trunk for days, and only having the trunk be aired out once, we arrived in an open field in pennsylvania.

As the 4 humans get out the car, I hear them speaking a different language.  When they spoke it was almost if they were devising a plan. I tried to listen to see if there were words I knew. After listening for about 40 seconds my thoughts became jumbled. I was so confused and went into a stage if mind where my eyes were completely shut, I couldn't move, but I was conscious.

After being in this stage for about an hour, I woke up on a spaceship of some kind. Scared to death I yelled and tried to move. I couldn't move because I was strapped down. My throat was closing because the amount of air I had, I wasn't able to breathe. I felt like I was being suffocated, or the driest price of bread on earth. My airway was closing up and at a not soothing pace.

2 people walked into the room and saw me struggling. One just stood there in amazement, while the other was a girl my age. She recited the words from the trunk and I went into the same stage. As I was laying there I felt a sense of relief as if a new adaptation was given to me. I was able to breathe in space now. As I woke up I remembered feeling safe again.

However I realized that no person should be able to breathe in space. So many questions formalized in my mind. Why me? What are these things? What do they want with me? I wanted answers and I wanted them now. As I started to look around again the setting I was I'm started to adapt to my room. I start to pinch myself and blink again. Nothing happened I was still in this room.

As Boredom started to rise, I start to interact with the things in my room. I went to play my game, everything on my play-station was the same. To pass the time for a while that's what I did. And every-time I got hungry I went to my mini fridge and got something to eat. I figured that if I stayed there I would get answers out of someone. After a good 6 hours of playing play station it got a knock at my door. It was the girl who saved me when my lungs collapsed.

When she came in the room was dead silent for about 10 minutes. We both had awkward looks on our faces. Both of us wanting to say something. Until she says you must be confused. I reply kind of, but thanks for saving my life. I start to ask he about why I got here, and question what’s going on. She responded saying she doesn’t really know. We spend a little while talking and she ask me is she pretty? I respond saying yes she is very beautiful. She starts to cry and say that its been a while since she heard that. I ask her why she said that? She starts to tell me about her and her boyfriends latest break up. Conflicted with listening to this girl I just met, and figuring out where I am, I choose to listen to her.

After talking for a while she ask can she show me around the space-ship. I tell her I am pretty tired, but I would love for her to show me around tomorrow morning. She exits my room and I cannot fall asleep for a while. I just keep replaying all the incidents that went down in the past couple of days. I try to comprehend everything, and even try to use my cellphone. None of that even worked. I was stranded somewhere else, and didn’t even know where I was. I still felt safe though I felt like I would be understood and taken care of. Around 5 o’clock I fall asleep and wake up 3 hours later. I feel really refreshed, and really hungry.

As I wipe the sleep from my eyes I wake up to the same feminine voice saying goodmorning. I respond hey where am I? She tells me this time “you are better off here”. I say well can atleast tell me why I am here. She says that will be revealed in time.  She hands me a plate of my favorite breakfast, and the remote for my T.V. I thank her. As she walks out she says don’t worry you are safe here. I eat my breakfast and watch the new episode of my favorite show. Then a question arises in my mind how is my favorite show on, and i’m not on earth. As my favorite show is playing I recall what happened during the last episode. As the episode ends, the girl who I now know as jacell walks in.

I start to get dressed and while i’m taking off my pajama bottoms she stares intensely at me. I know what she wants, but I quickly get dressed. We leave my room and go to explore the spaceship. We go to every area of the spaceship, we look at every attraction and place to eat possible. As we start to be around each other for this extended period of time we both get more comfortable talking, joking and having fun. As we are walking back to my room she grabs my hand. We continue to walk though. It's only when I got to my room she kisses my lips. I felt it coming though, but I was still surprised.

As the weeks turn to months I am still on this spaceship. Everyone knows me, and pays more attention to me rather then when I was in Philly. I guess you can start to say I love it here. Me and Jacell are in a relationship now. I get to be free as in rules wise, and everyone likes me. In these past months I've had a blast, only things is I miss the people who loved me on earth. As time continues to pass I wonder "will I ever get to go back?" "Do they still think about me?" "What's happening now?". Questions clutter my mind on a daily.

A years goes by, everything here is good. I still miss the earth but I love being here. I love my new friends, I love that if I go back to earth I can say that I breathed in earth without equipment. I love that I was made into a big issue, I love this spaceship as a whole though. I'm torn between my home and my new home. As I sit and contemplate all these things, I remember that even if I wanted to leave I can't. Then a thought comes to make the best of what I have here.

Jacell comes and we walk through the park for a little bit. Then we go to the town hall. As we arrive I see all the lights off. I start to piece things together. We seen nobody on our walk, lights off, and I've been here for a year. I assumed it was a party. Unsure I didn't say anything to Jacell. I just walked in after her and as she turn on the lights everybody on the space ship jumped out at me from all angles. I was still surprised and I knew what it was. The party was great, they really knew how to make me feel special and welcomed. As I left the party everybody handed me gifts and I just loved that night.

As me and Jacell left arms full we walked back to my room. As I placed my gifts down, she pushed me onto my bed. Things from there got a little X-rated. I enjoyed her company that night. My one year on the spaceship was better than all my years on earth. As Jacell left in the morning, I got dressed. I'm starting a new engineering class. I still wanted to make music and play basketball, but I wanted to learn too. I get to my class and immediately felt welcomed. We were starting to make transporters.

As a few more months passed Jacell and I moved into together. This was one of the best decisions I made. We got to be together way more. She would go to her job, and I would go to school. As time passed I became a better engineer. I was too of my class. When graduation came I gave the best speech of my life. Jacell and the lady from before were there clapping and screaming the loudest for me. After graduation I went out to dinner with the two of them.

A few years have passed, and now I'm a engineer. I own my own company. I do my own things, and I own a house now. I moved out of the room and me and Jacell own a house. I gave fixed the spaceship so many times. Every time I help out, they give me new equipment. On my day off, I had some uranium. Looking at my first project, I replace me small stick of uranium, with a full stick of uranium. By multiplying the magnitude of the travel, this should be able to get me anywhere and back. My plan is to go back to earth and then come back. I tell Jacell my plans, and she says "if that's what you want to do." She tells me not to do it today. I respect her wishes. I wait a week before I leave. During that week I was shunned, and just by myself. I didn't understand it, and just felt disrespected. As I left, I kissed Jacell goodbye. And kissed the ladies cheek and got into the teleporter. As I touched down I wrote these words. "It feels great to be home." I spend a good minute looking at where I'm at. As my chest starts to hurt briefly. I feel as though

I am being punched repeatedly. I ignore it, just thinking my lungs need to get use to the change in the air pressure. I collapse after walking for 5 minutes. Lying on the ground breathless, I think about the past couple years I had. I lie there fighting for life I hear a voice that says just let go, everything will be okay. I follow orders because the pain was intense. I let go. As I let go I can see the things that follow. My family with the addition of 2 little brothers come and see me on the ground. At my funeral I see tears of sadness and relief. My father and mother both say "it's okay. We have clarity of him not being harmed for that time." As they put me into the ground I am teleported back to the spaceship. Everyone yells we shunned you so your family could have peace of mind to not see you dead.

True Black (Student 2015)
True Black

This was a pretty good story. I liked how you went into detail about how his lungs were collapsing when he was in space. I also liked how you were able to keep a level of suspense throughout the story. I feel as though some parts could've been elaborated more, would've made the story stronger.

Sophia Deoliveira (Student 2015)
Sophia Deoliveira

I thought that it had a few lapses, but overall it was pretty good. It mad sense about the air pressure, and about the how his lungs collapsed. It made sense.

How the story flowed together. It didnt jump from idea to idea. It stayed together for the most part. I liked how the guy had ambition to he never forgot about his home. He was determined to go back for at least a little bit. I liked how his new life and ld life were kind of the opposite to each other. Like there on the spaceship/Community everyone knew him, and liked him. But where he lived at only certain people payed attention to him.

Why did it end like that? It ended with just an abrupt stop. Like the guy went back to the planet, and then that was the end. There were to many questions that could have been asked at the end, and I would have liked for them to be explained.

Sophia Deoliveira (Student 2015)
Sophia Deoliveira