Shuman, Sarena Capstone

Abstract

My capstone is a club that reshape, and protects girls and women all over the world. I’ve created a club in Science Leadership Academy. Girl up envisions a world where all girls, no matter where they live have the opportunity to become educated,healthy,safe,counted and positioned to be the next generation of leaders. Girl Up is a non profit organization with over 400 clubs. These clubs is made up of girls to support other girls in the 3rd world countries. I’ve created this club in SLA, so we can do several service projects, and grow up as women.

Fundraising projects completed  are:

2 Bake Sales April 28 and April 30 2014

We raised $250 dollars in one week

A SLA Block Party - June 6th, 2014

We raised ?

Water Ice Week was May 21-23 2014

We raised $170

Annotated Bibliography

"50 Fundraising Ideas." 50 Fundraising Ideas. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://www.signupgenius.com/nonprofit/50-creative-and-easy-fundraising-ideas.cfm>.

The main purpose of the site is to give a person fundraising ideas. The ideas mostly apply to school related activities/kid friendly. The only topic covered is fundraising ideas and quick way to achieve money. The site is a great resource. This source is useful because they help me achieve one of my goals for my club. The source provided a outlet to how to achieve money by fundraising. This source compared to other sources is very different. I'm not saying this source is less important, but I feel others are really key to my project. This source is for ideas that get my brain pumping. But yet this source is still significant because I found several ideas. This source is reliable but was created by someone. It's not a biased site because several ideas for both men and women are introduced.The information used from this source would be the fundraising ideas.

"At a Glance: Guatemala." UNICEF. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Feb. 2014. <http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/guatemala_60748.html>.

This source discusses the treatment of girls and women in Guatemala. Guatemala is a country that don't look at the rights of women. Often times girls are raped, cheated of education, and physically abused. Gender treatment is key around the world not only Guatemala, and it's difficult for women to succeed if the are treated unfairly. This source is extremely relevant to my capstone and to people in general. This source allows me to know what my club would be fighting for. I have actually factual data, and it makes the cause even more important. This source seems to be different but has equal importance as some of the other sources. This source explains what i'm fighting for, it allows everything i'm doing to have reasoning. This source is the reason.

"Girl Up Homepage| GirlUp | United Nations Foundation | Uniting Girls to Change the World." Girl Up Homepage| GirlUp | United Nations Foundation | Uniting Girls to Change the World. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2014. <http://www.girlup.org/>.

This Girl Up website is the main outlet to my capstone. This site discusses what Girl Up is, the vision, mission, the stories, and how to start a club. The site has all of the clubs around the world. This site is very useful because it's a primary source. This source is one of the most important sources because it is the very outlet to my capstone.

The source has direct facts and key importance. This source is say this source is objective and biased. The source provides a outlet to understanding what Girl Up is but biased because a it talks about is Girl Up, no other organizations really.

Once again this source helped me with my project and starting my club. Since I'm starting a chapter, I used the mission, vision, Girl Up stories, and the blog to understand what Girl Up really means. This source is a excellent source.

"JavaScript Is Not Enabled." Girls Inc. |. Girls Inc., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://www.girlsinc.org/>.

This source is connected to girl up. They sponsor them because they represent girls everywhere in the world. They benefit me by providing information to be a powerful representation for girls. This source is extremely useful because it helps me understand how to help girls. This source compared to other source seems to be just inspiration and not so many facts. The information is reliable and really inspiring.I use this site for reference on how to inspire girls and women. I love different outlets and maybe out club can write letters to Girl Inc. for supporting Girl Up.

"The Children." UNICEF Malawi. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Feb. 2014. <http://www.unicef.org/malawi/children.html>.

This source discusses the treatment of girls and women in Malawi. Malawi is a country in South Africa that don't look at the rights of women. Often times girls are raped, cheated of education, and physically abused. Gender treatment is key around the world not only Malawi, and it's difficult for women to succeed if the are treated unfairly. This source is extremely relevant to my capstone and to people in general. This source allows me to know what my club would be fighting for. I have actually factual data, and it makes the cause even more important. This source seems to be different but has equal importance as some of the other sources. This source explains what i'm fighting for, it allows everything i'm doing to have reasoning. This source is the reason.

"The Status of Women and Girls in Kenya - Center for Rights Education and Awareness (CREAW)." The Status of Women and Girls in Kenya - Center for Rights Education and Awareness (CREAW). N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. <http://www.creawkenya.org/creaw-publications/the-status-of-women-and-girls-in-kenya.html>.

This source discusses the treatment of girls and women in Kenya. Kenya is a 3rd world country that don't look at the rights of women. Often times girls are raped, cheated of education, and physically abused. Gender treatment is key around the world not only Kenya, and it's difficult for women to succeed if the are treated unfairly. This source is extremely relevant to my capstone and to people in general. This source allows me to know what my club would be fighting for. I have actually factual data, and it makes the cause even more important. This source seems to be different but has equal importance as some of the other sources. This source explains what i'm fighting for, it allows everything i'm doing to have reasoning. This source is the reason.

"The Story of a Girl Activist – Ethiopia | Unicefethiopia." Unicefethiopia. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Feb. 2014. <http://unicefethiopia.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/the-story-of-a-girl-activist-ethiopia/>.

=-

This source discusses the treatment of girls and women in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is a country that don't look at the rights of women. Often times girls are raped, cheated of education, and physically abused. Gender treatment is key around the world not only Ethiopia, and it's difficult for women to succeed if the are treated unfairly. This source is extremely relevant to my capstone and to people in general. This source allows me to know what my club would be fighting for. I have actually factual data, and it makes the cause even more important. This source seems to be different but has equal importance as some of the other sources. This source explains what i'm fighting for, it allows everything i'm doing to have reasoning. This source is the reason.

University, Iowa State. "So Your the President..." Extension.iastate. Iowa State University, 1 Oct. 03. Web. 30 Jan. 2014. <http://www.extension.iastate.edu/publications/4H71A.pdf>.

The main arguments of this site is how to be a great president. The article on the site reflects how to make decisions, and be a powerful entity in the club. The article provides a list of guidelines that reflects how a president should run a club, and who should be elected to help them run it. The point of this article is to provide a clear understanding of a great leader, specifically a president. The article discuss how the president is the reflection of the club and is very important.

This source is very important to me and my project because I feel if you are going to lead people you need to know how to first. I want to be successful and that requires great technique an leadership skills. This source is much different from my Girl Up source because it was teaching me about a specific thing and nota idea. This article is a idea and facts about being a president and how to do the job well. I feel this source is reliable because it's a secondary source from a college. The source has facts, and key ideas that's reliable. This story seems to be biased to a certain idea of a president and not different ways to be successful. The article have a structured detail that focus on one way of being president an that's sort of biased.

The information from this source as said before is helpful with me and my project by preparing me to be a leader. The facts and so much don't help me prove anything, it helps me start, create, and be a better thinker. The concepts introduced in the article are very crucial.

Website Link

http://sshuma4.wix.com/girlupofsla