Social Anxiety and Depression

Sydney Montgomery

Mrs. Giknis

English 1

For my You and the World project I wanted to raise awareness about Anxiety and Depression. In the beginning  I had it all planned out and knew exactly what I wanted to do. This was until I realized that what I had planned to do was entirely too much for what little time we had. This project was one of the most stressful things I have ever done. With this being something I am really passionate about I am very disappointed with how the entire project turned out. I was originally going to interview one kid from every grade and make a small documentary until people started backing out and I had to forget about the whole idea. I had my heart set on this documentary and all my ideas just came crashing down before my eyes. I then decided to do a survey and send it out the whole entire school. After I sent out the survey, I waited four days and did not get a single response. Time quickly started running out and I had to find a new idea. I then e-mailed individual kids and luckily got responses. For my Agent of Change, I finally decided to take pictures of people who answered the survey and take picture of them with a description underneath each photo about the teens have suffered with anxiety and or depression and how it has affected them. I’m still very far behind on my project even though I have my idea ready to go. At this point I have lost all motivation for this project. Even though I like my idea, it’s not something I’m very proud of. I feel I could have done so much better with getting the word across. The whole point of my original idea was so that it would be something someone couldn’t miss. Hopefully when I hang the pictures people actually take the time out of their day stop and read.

Jae Regino                 Jhazzelle Majarucon