Stop Abducting

Hey guys I know that it has been a while since I last posted. So if you have forgotten what they talked about you can just click here to see the first one and here to see the second one.

In my first blog post I was basically talking about how much this generation's youth is not educated on what to do and what not to do when approached by a stranger and just the statistics. In my second blog post I talked about how I had an interview with Supervisory Special Agent Kevin McShane which is a man that specializes in child abduction. To raise awareness for child abduction I have created a poster that says “Stranger = Danger”. This small saying is going to be posted on social media. I am going to get friends to post the poster and use the hashtag  #StopAbductingOurYouth, hopefully this hashtag will spread like wildfire and get people to become more aware of child abduction. I also made a script that people would be able to act out and post on whatever social media site that they would like, if anyone wanted to post the video it would be nice if the could put #StopAbducting Youth so that way it will start trending.  

In the beginning  I had a different plan for my Agent Of Change. I wanted to use the script that I  made and act it out. The obstacle that I faced with that plan was trying to film on a day that would fit with the people that I had choose to film, so I basically ran out of time.

I am passionate about this topic but I think that if I could do this project over I would choose a different topic because I never thought this would be such a hard topic to discuss. Even though I am passionate out this topic I feel like I am somewhat giving up on it because it feels like I have bit off more than I can chew. This is a very cool project but it is project that takes time. I think that this was a project that should have been given more than one quarter to do. I think that I definitely managed my time better because I think that would have made it a lot easier to do. If I could start the project over I would change my PIC to helping the homeless. Everyday that I go to school I see someone that is homeless and it makes me ache with guilt that while I have a place to live, food to eat, and a place to bathe  they have nothing put the clothes on their backs.

To see the poster that I created that will be posted on social media click here.